Thread: Prism - Bringing web applications to your Desktop

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Niffty FST icon in my taskbar aint' it?

Now I click it:

Well smalelr view without opera/firefox (but remember Prism is the "firefox" core browser though) in the background

http://prism.mozilla.com/

Prism is designed to create a better environment for running your favorite web-based applications. Much of what we used to accomplish using an application running locally on our computers is moving into the web browser. Thanks to advances in web technology, these apps are increasingly powerful and usable. As a result, applications like Gmail, Facebook and Google Docs are soaring in popularity.

Unfortunately the web browser, which was originally designed for reading documents, is not an ideal environment for running applications. It is frustrating and time-consuming to wade through a mass of browser windows and tabs just to find your email client. Unstable applications can slow down or crash your entire browser. And many of the conveniences offered by modern operating systems are unavailable to web apps running in the browser.
    The Best of Both Worlds

This is where Prism comes in. Instead of running all your web apps in the browser, Prism lets you run them in their own window just like normal applications. A single faulty app or web page can no longer take down everything you are working on. In the future, we will be releasing web app bundles from the Prism developer community that let you customize your application to use many of the operating system features common to a desktop application.

Prism is based on the same world-class browsing engine as Firefox to ensure maximum compatibility with the entire range of applications available on the web, today and in the future.

I though it was neat, if you have a couple wesites that you manage, you can just use it to read mail, youtube, etc....I was just toying with it, but it could be very useful, it's also has a firefox addon.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-11-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    [center]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Your presentation indicates that when you click it,
    you automatically get lots of ads.

I prefer "before" (for once)
    but i understand what you are insinuating.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    If you mean ads as in I'm advertising my pretty opera wallpaper in speed dial then yes You just confused the shit out of me I don't think I understand whay you mean by lots of ads, I'm on lots of pills from teh hospital, so forgive me if I mis understand, well I do that all the time anyway

Edit, oh I see what you mean you see all the ads my screenshot Well if you maximize it then you see the board, I'm such a dumbass
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-11-2009 at 08:10 PM.
    [center]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Nice short cut none the less.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The Web without the browser: Mozilla's Prism enables true Web apps

http://www.betanews.com/article/The-...pps/1242143898
    [center]

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    magnificent as always

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7