Thread: Best movie of Bruce Dern?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    This is my yin to tisha_b 's yang .
    And since none of you probably have the slightly idea who Bruce Dern is I will even provide descriptions.

Bloody Mama:
    Based on the life of Ma Barker .One of DeNiro's very first movies.Dern plays a psycho

The Cowboys:
    A bunch of boys are forced to complete a cattle drive when all the men leave for the gold rush.John Wayne stars.Dern plays a psycho.

Silent Running:
    In the future a government drone attempts to save Earth's last remaining plant life .A cautionary tale .There is much moralizing and sadness but also cute robots.Dern plays a psycho .

Black Sunday:
    Terrorists attempt to use a bomb in the Goodyear blimp to kill thousands at the Superbowl.Maud Adams (Octapussy) is another terrorist.There is a scene where they test the bomb in which a man is tricked into standing in a barn with the bomb and is then hit with 50 thousand darts Dern plays a psycho.

Middle Age Crazy : I think it's self explanatory.

Tatoo :
    A man kidnaps a super model ,gives her a full body tatoo and then has sex with her.Really that's the plot.The whole plot.
    Maud Adams (again) is naked a lot though so it's good. Dern plays a psycho.

The Big Town: A Matt Dillon plays a guy with a talent for both craps and love who runs afoul of a gangster.A young and beautiful Diane Lane is topless has great tits is one of his love interests.
    Dern plays a psycho.

On the Edge:
    A man who was once a great runner but had is life destroyed when he was banned for professionalism attempts to win some meaningless race and hence undo all the wrongs of the past 20 years.There is running up steps and much navel gazing.BURN....SOAR......BURN....SOAR ..
    Dern plays a runner (Runner/ psycho same thing.)

Dern made many other movies like They Shoot Horses Don't They? directed by Sidney Pollack,The King of Marvin Gardens directed by Bob Rafelson(the hack who made Five Easy Pieces),Family Plot ( that bum Hitchcock's last movie ) ,Coming Home (Sure it won 3 Oscars but it was nominated for 8 .You do the math ) and Monster (which Charlize Theron won the Oscar for but she obviously slept her way to the top so I'm not impressed) but none of these lived up to the aforementioned gems.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I've seen most of those films- albeit not recently.

Black Sunday was a better book. The author, Thomas Harris, is probably better known for Red Dragon and Silence Of The Lambs.

I liked They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, but then again, I'm a sucker for the young Jane Fonda (see: Barbarella).

Tattoo sounds oddly compelling, I'll have to check it out.

If this "Best Of" trend continues, we'll soon be at "The Best Movies Of Ewe Boll" and you'll all be dead to me.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    They Shoot Horses, Don't They? is a great movie.

Great song too.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3GM0GM4fW4[/YOUTUBE]

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I liked They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, but then again, I'm a sucker for the young Jane Fonda (see: Barbarella).
    Two words Cat Ballou.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5

or

No doubt she knows how to handle a "gun".

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Shes good with the penis too.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    That's what Ted Turner said.