Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicotine Withdrawal

CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    is the pigs arse.

I've finally got my head to the place where I'm attempting giving up again. After the last failed attempt I knew I'd try again as I genuinely want to stop smoking and don't enjoy it. Which is why I didn't change my sig.

It's been about 36 hours now. I'm using Nicotine patches and haven't got the urge to smoke at all. Stood outside with the smokers to avoid that "I'm missing out on the chat" feeling and didn't want one. I've got a job interview today though and I can feel the nerves creeping up on me, and the urge for tobacco growing stronger and stronger. I'm not giving in though. It's only an urge and I'm human and stronger than my urges.

This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Wahey!

Sounds like you're on your way! You've got the right attitude at least. I tried quitting several times with the patch and gum () but was never able to. When I finally did kick it, it was nothing but good 'ol stubborn will power. Kick the habit one urge at a time. It really does get easier and easier, but you've gotta struggle for several months unfortunately.

yo

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    BD has just quit as well. Missouri loves company.

yo

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Groan! Ha ha.

I'm actually not feeling too bad. I think the difference this time is that I'm not doing it because I think I have to. I'm doing it because I want to.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The easy part was stopping. It's still difficult to not buy them, sometimes i light one up to try it, i taste it, then put it out and say Eugh, because they really taste bad after you've stopped.

also, can you imagine having to breath with that oxygen mask thing and wheel the bottle around with everywhere you go, that's if you don't die young.
    Last edited by Alien5; 05-12-2009 at 11:00 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    That's exactly what I don't want to do. I'm finally at a place in my life where I am really happy and want to enjoy it for as long as I can.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Exactly, It's not worth it, i would rather live a few more years than end up a disease ridden smoker.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yes. Although job interview nerves have just hit me like a bag of shit and I'm sorely tempted. I won't though. I'll just go and moodily kick the shed wall or something.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Chewing gum helps.

Coffee just makes you jittery and wanna smoke.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #10
    On the tube i used to get panic and still do sometimes when its crowded so I have a relaxation album on my ipod, i close my eyes and play it, it's like sounds of real river with birds tweeting and the water sounds nice and calming and i imagine im somewhere else (if you open your eyes though you get a shock, you're not really in a Forrest by a river, you're on the Piccadilly Line) i can meditate now quite easily even on a noisy crowded train without the music. you can do anything you put you're mind to.
    Last edited by Alien5; 05-12-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast