Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best alternative for newzbin

n00b
    In the past I have been using newzbin a lot, but I have been away for some time and now I can't log in anymore.
    The only alternative I know of is binsearch but that's pretty crappy in comparison.
    Posting a request for an invite to newsbin seems useless so I'm wondering which program you guys use to load nzb's.

Thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    hugoblank's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I primarily use nzbmatrix and newzbin as nzb indexing sites.

I also use binsearch, bintube and http://www.binaryinvasion.com.

There are alot more.

There will be no shortage of posts with everyone's favorites.

Regards,

Hugo

Check out
    "NZB's without paying" post
    Last edited by hugoblank; 05-12-2009 at 06:40 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    newzleech, who wants newzbin anyway, it's a bunch of crap and under pressure from teh MPAA to close down anyway. And binsearch has teh exact same shit newzbin does, you want to know why? Because they are both usenet search engines and they both index exactlty the same content! Wow!
    [center]

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I used to use Newzbin before I knew about search engines like Newzleech or Binsearch or Bintute. Newzbin only has what has been converted to nzb where the others have whatever has been indexed. So to the OP. Binsearch is better than Newzbin, plus you have to pay to downlaod NZBs from Newzbin.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Newzleech + binsearch are my favorite alternatives. They basically do everything Newzbin does, other than the reports. If binsearch had human written reports it would kick all kinds of ass.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    newzleech, who wants newzbin anyway, it's a bunch of crap and under pressure from teh MPAA to close down anyway. And binsearch has teh exact same shit newzbin does, you want to know why? Because they are both usenet search engines and they both index exactlty the same content! Wow!
    newzleech and binsearch have a far slower turn around time; also, newzbin indexes many many more groups, and the features (watchdog, bookmarks, user reports, etc etc etc...) provided by newsbin easily outweigh the competition.
    supersearch would be the best alternative avaliable.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    n00b
    Thank you all for your advice, I'm obviously a big nOOb!

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by ericab View Post
    newzleech and binsearch have a far slower turn around time; also, newzbin indexes many many more groups, and the features (watchdog, bookmarks, user reports, etc etc etc...) provided by newsbin easily outweigh the competition.
    Binsearch new stuff shows up in about/less than 5 mintues from Supersearch, so it's not that slow
    [center]

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by ericab View Post

Binsearch new stuff shows up in about/less than 5 mintues from Supersearch, so it's not that slow
    granted.

binsearch is quite good, so, really you would be fine either way.
    in the end though; if you don't mind spending $3 a month for supersearch, do it.. you wont regret it (plus you have access to the newsleecher client), but if you do, binsearch would be my 3rd choice.

my personal hirearchy is as follows;
    1) newzbin (great turn-around time, feature-rich)
    2) supersearch (great turn-around time)
    3) binsearch / NZBindex (nzbindex = same as binsearch)
    4) nzbs.org (very nicley organized, and great rss features)
    5) newzleech (still good....but...)

sorry newzleech...
    Last edited by ericab; 05-14-2009 at 03:53 AM.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    captive's Avatar speaks.his.mind
    i use newzbin and nzbmatrix. i also use nzbs.org with my client (SABnzbd) to do all my auto downloading. works a treat. with those three i dont miss much ;-)
    Last edited by captive; 05-15-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast