Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Been banned on what.cd for being a good member... what to do?!

Floydian's Avatar Metaller BT Rep: +3
    Guys, I truly don't know what to do... let me explain to you.

I have acquired a seedbox slice of 100gb shared with 13 users on what.cd forum. Yes, that is true, on what.cd forums I got a seedbox from a member.

Everything was nice, I got the seedbox last thursday, and have snatched several freelech flac torrents in order to increase my ratio. A friend of my asked me to seed for him, and so I did it. I have uploaded 250gb for me and 30gb for my friend, which is not impressive for 7 days with 100mbits shared connection.

The thing is, today I woke up and connected to what.cd. My account was disabled. In order to get the irc channel and server, I connected with my friend's account. Got the info and went to what.cd disabled channel. The moment I set foot on the channel, the OP said "You're a cheater, go away", and banned me.

I rejoined the channel, this time with screenshot from the seedbox, and explained the whole situation. Again, the OP said "You're a cheater and you got your friend banned too", and banned me from the channel.

I even said to the OP tha I could send him the username and password from the seedbox, but he just can't listen to my arguments. I have used seedbox three times in the past, but this is the first time that I have a problem like this.

What can I do now??? I can't ask anyone on what.cd tracker because me and my friend are banned, and on the irc channel the OP doesn't even listen to my arguments. I'm really really sad with this attitude, since I got the seedbox mainly to seed on what.cd, for my other tracker's ratio are good, and they just banned me for thinking that I'm a cheater...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    If they're convinced that you cheated, there's nothing you can do.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You're also a trader, which doesn't look very good either.

What.cd will not let you back in. Find another site.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I just can't see why they won't hear me... I have offered the seedbox account information, they could log in and see for themselves, I offered the paypal receipt, I showed screenshots... I have done everything I could.

What bothers me is that they won't even hear what I have to say, they won't consider anything...

I guess Polarbear is right, once they put it on their minds, there's nothing I can do.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    what a lucky tracker they have many good/seedbox members!
    Fisrtly understand this: If you have a this shit boxes this wont provide you as a good member...I saw there is/was a freeleech on %100 logs lossless files for first 6 hours and ppl just jumping new files and after got buffer shif+dell but what content is saying
    Introducing Quality Time

Now here's your chance to help make up for the lost torrents and make this site even better! Rather than focusing on just quantity of torrents, we're focusing on the best quality rips you can make in FLAC. Now introducing the "Quality Time" Contest for your quality lossless CD cravings.
    so sorry but most seedbox users not helping with this issue if someone could look for a specific torrent they wont find a seeder after hours/days unless some really superb seeders aint at there,who seeding thousand of files over months.(there is really good members at there)

if they said you cheat this is about auto ban and they wont re-active your account again...this is why above members saying they wont re-actine your account...But maybe someone cheated which using same ip adress on box but i think what.cd's boxes have dedicated ip adress for every member so your chance is really low but who know?
    You're asking "what to do" there is no solutin than go to irc but look like this is already done!
    I hope we wont meet someone who cheated on box and saying i never cheated, what the hell is going, i am really good member have/had seedbox which called my friend is not my spare account
    hmmn i am a little bit rude but we meet this kind of ppl at the past who cheated on hdbits on his seedbox and your story remind me a little bit he I hope to be wrong...
    Last edited by RedRansom; 05-14-2009 at 10:55 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I assure you I'm not this guy. I have used this forum for a long long time, and I don't even have account on hdbits, and never had.

I guess you are right on the "quality time" point. Seedbox can really be a bad thing, but the thing is, they banned me for cheating.

Maybe some user from the box was cheating and got banned, and there is not a dedicated IP. The ip is one for all users. But I don't think that is the case. I have snatched almost 200 freeleech torrents to build my ratio, and I think that's why they think I was cheating... maybe they are not used to seedboxes, I don't know, because 250gb on 7 days is not much compared to 100mbit dedicated servers...

Maybe there is no solution, I tried contacting them on irc, but with no success. I'll try talking to the other OPs at the irc channel.

Oh, and that was not a spare account either. I just logged there once, to upload for about 6 hours or more.
    Last edited by Floydian; 05-14-2009 at 11:07 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks skiz! I contacted another OP at the what.cd irc channel. He thinks the transmission client is somehow hacked (I just can't see how that is possible). He is looking into the case. I just hope everything goes ok.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    try contacting sexten.
    He is a balanced guy and a patient listener.
    good luck!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    good luck to you but remember m8 , its only torrenting .....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast