Thread: Direct Connect Search Engline..

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    im not sure where to look. im running the xml of dc++.. i wanna be able to search all the public hubs.. thanks.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    http://dcvista.dns2go.com:8000/

that seems to be a popular one, but the website is down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    anyone?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    well i managed to connect to a bunch of hubs and search, found the file, but itd still like to get a program that would search all of them.

thanks

mogadishu.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I do not believe that one exists, and if it does it should not. Spam searching on DC dramaticlly slows down the hubs.

If there is one try checking on one the direct connect forums.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by toddiscool@24 September 2003 - 22:54
    I do not believe that one exists, and if it does it should not. Spam searching on DC dramaticlly slows down the hubs.

If there is one try checking on one the direct connect forums.
    well there are, ive used them before, but i hadnt used dc in well over a year.. after a couple reinstalls so i have no idea what they progs were.. ill check out the forums though. but whats the point of a file sharing thing if you only have access to no more than 5k users.. the most ive ever seen on one hub.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by mogadishu@25 September 2003 - 00:13
    well there are, ive used them before, but i hadnt used dc in well over a year.. after a couple reinstalls so i have no idea what they progs were.. ill check out the forums though. but whats the point of a file sharing thing if you only have access to no more than 5k users.. the most ive ever seen on one hub.
    "IF" you share you can get into the big hubs, where the big speeds are.

Oh wait you meant 5000 users right, well same applies, by sahring upwords of 80GB you can access the really good hubs, you can find anything there.

What is the point of a search engine, to find things that you do not have acees to anyway.

OH wait, I guess you are using either DC++ or a moded version of that, well than above does not apply.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I thought on DC if your not behind a firewall you can search all the hubs simultaneously anyway.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Russo@25 September 2003 - 02:03
    I thought on DC if your not behind a firewall you can search all the hubs simultaneously anyway.
    On real DC, some dubs allow you to search thier entire network of hubs.
    For example I am in maximum broadband 1, I can search all of the maximum broadband hubs. (kinda, works shittly though)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    yea, im sharing about 75gb.. should be more but i just cleaned some stuff. So i can get into almost any room &#39;cept the ones that require some insane amount. But anyway, If anyone knows of a program, id love to use it. I am behind a firewall, but people can download from me.

thanks

mogadishu