Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Christianity?

Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@25 September 2003 - 21:30
    I don't...But I do have respect for your statement and for your belief JPaul.

Edit: oh yes, and for you.
    I can assure you sir that the feeling is mutual.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i dont belive in a male or a female god

i see god as a person who i can pray for help and guidence

i am not sure about the ressurection and virgin birth - i think it might have a hidden meaning or something

i belive the planet was created by something - and that was god - adam and eve im not too sure of

jesus i do belive in

i happen to belive in miracles - everyday im alive its a miracle !

anything else you wanna know i will happily tell
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    But then again Gemby, you lead a purrfect life.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by bigboab@26 September 2003 - 01:40
    But then again Gemby, you lead a purrfect life.
    If I were God, puns would definitely be a sin.

Sorry, carry on......
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Then I would go metric.(Scottish joke. Pun = pound)
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by bigboab@26 September 2003 - 01:52
    Then I would go metric.(Scottish joke. Pun = pound)
    Going metric has a certain advantages. When my weight got a little out of control, I decided to go metric instead of diet and exercise. I found that I could drop my weight significantly by simply changing pounds to kilograms. The resultant number made me feel downright anorexic.

As I said before, back to the topic at hand.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    I respect your statement sir JPaul. I have asked everyone in my family & friends, the church and intelli. strangers about these quotes and NON of the responses I got from them were convincing. Kindly explain them to me, maybe your answers would convince me. btw, i'm not closed minded and do believe in a 2-way street.
    Originally posted by JPaul@26 September 2003 - 02:21
    I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ
    the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father
    God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God,
    begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.
    I look at this sentence from a logical point of view and I see contradiction, on one hand i'm told "one lord" and another, told "three entities, the son, the father and the wholly spirit/ghost"

is seated at the right hand of the Father
    is this in terms of physically being the right hand (in sharing or assistance) of the Father, if so, what happened to God, or if God is the Father, then who is God? the son or the Father or the Wholly Spirit" or all in one? if all in one, then i'm confused on why?

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead
    again, who will, the Son, the Father, the Wholly Spirit? unless the answer is All In One, then i'm still confused.

I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
    Baptism done by whom, the preist? if so, then forgive me, yet I have to disagree. Merely because, there is no evidence of power transfer to any human to simply forgive me for my sins. and start another day as a fresh soul, until my next confession.

Peace.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    JPaul's referring to the Holy Trinity, which is featured prominently in Catholicism. In the words of the Athanasian Creed: "The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God."

...He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead...
    is referring to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

I'm certain if I'm vague or mistaken, JPaul'll correct me. I'm not Catholic, I'm just well-read.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    I thank u for ur input and hope that JPaul responds, or anyone for that matter.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    I've come to the conclusion that many 'Christians' seem to worship a book(bible) more than what is written in the book. Every Sunday, millions of people go to church to have this book quoted, analyzed, and followed. It is not the word of God, it was written by man, it has been edited by man, and has been translated numerous times by man, man makes mistakes. In general the good book provides rules to live by, but I don't think it was ever meant to be taken literally.

In short, I believe in a 'higher power' what this is, I'm not really sure, what I do know is that my God is perfect.
    My God doesn't demand worship, it does not spite me, or cause me hardships, or test my faith, as has the 'Christian God'.
    My God provides solace when my will is weak and comfort when I need it.
    My God doesn't rely on fear of going to Hell to make me live a good life, I know right from wrong and try to choose accordingly.
    My God understands that faith wavers, and understands that I may question it's existence.

If the Christian Bible is right, then I will burn in Hell for my beliefs, but I will burn knowing that I lived a good life that was not based on fear, but one based on doing the best I can to help make the world a better place for all, not just those that agree with me.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast