Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Christianity?

Poster
    Of course I believe that Jesus lived and died, that was the whole point. Why on earth would you say that I don't believe this. If he hadn't taken human form then the death and resurrection would not have been a miracle, it would have been meaningless as it would not have involved the fear and suffering. The point is that He took human form and had all of our frailties and weaknesses, but made various choices throughout his life. That way he taught by his actions as well as his words. He was an example of how to live one's life.

He rose from the dead then ascended into heaven. He then came back again on various occasions and visited the apostles. This was not in human form.

I really can see no reason why you would suggest that I do not believe what I have outlined above, other than to upset me in some way. I answered your question in good faith. I will bear this exchange in mind when dealing with you in the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    BANNED
    Thanx JP, you never dissappoint, totally incapable of a rational discussion.

I will bear this exchange in mind when dealing with you in the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Billy_Dean, I hope my previous questions were in the scope of this discussion. If so, I welcome anyone's response.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Poster
    I answered your question in good faith, you replied by mis-representing me, I have no idea to what end.

How could you possibly take me stating that I believe

"he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
    For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered died and was buried. "

to mean that I did not believe that Jesus lived and died. I take it that is what you meant when you said

"I believe he lived, and I believe he died. You don't."

Once again you either don't read what people write, are being obtuse, or are posting to offend.

I will happily let others decide, from our posts, which of us was being rational and reasonable.

Take care of yourself.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    BANNED
    JP
    He rose from the dead then ascended into heaven. He then came back again on various occasions and visited the apostles. This was not in human form.
    Where does Doubting Thomas come into this then? According to the new testament, he did indeed come back in human form. My point when saying he died, is the usual interpretation of the word, that he died and was buried, his body rotting just like any human.

Your answers are contradictory, as usual.

I asked you how you can believe in a different god to that of the christian bible, yet believe in bodily resurrection.

As for not reading posts, you've turned it into an art form.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    BANNED
    Sorry Nikita, but I thought your questions were aimed at JPaul. And, I note, he declined to answer you, except for this ..

If you don't believe that baptism removes original sin then you will have serious problems with transubstantiation.
    Transubstantiation
    Transubstantiation is the alleged process whereby the bread and wine offered up at the communion service has its substance changed to that of the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ while its accidents appear to be that of bread and wine. What looks like, tastes like, etc., bread and wine is actually another substance altogether. How this happens is a mystery and defies logic. How it can happen would require a miracle.

Transubstantiation is also known as the doctrine of the real presence.

Me? I'm as confused as you are, and I doubt anyone could give you a sensible answer to your questions.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by nikita69@26 September 2003 - 04:38
    I thank u for ur input and hope that JPaul responds, or anyone for that matter.
    With all do respect to all, that have had the courtesy to reply, I will give you an explanation that was given to myself in the same confusion or uncertanty.
    Look at the sun, what do you see??? A big yellow sun, the light, and the ray's that create the heat. They are all the same, one sun, three different things. Hence God, Jesus and the Holy spirit. Hope that helps.???

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Originally posted by protak+28 September 2003 - 08:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (protak &#064; 28 September 2003 - 08:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nikita69@26 September 2003 - 04:38
    With all do respect to all, that have had the courtesy to reply, I will give you an explanation that was given to myself in the same confusion or uncertanty.
    Look at the sun, what do you see??? A big yellow sun, the light, and the ray&#39;s that create the heat. They are all the same, one sun, three different things. Hence God, Jesus and the Holy spirit. Hope that helps.??? [/b][/quote]
    Why call something that is one, three different entities then, just confuses the matter.

I am male, I emit heat, I am caucasian- I do not refer to myself as a trinity.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+28 September 2003 - 08:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 28 September 2003 - 08:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by protak@28 September 2003 - 08:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-nikita69
    @26 September 2003 - 04:38

Look at the sun, what do you see??? A big yellow sun, the light, and the ray&#39;s that create the heat. They are all the same, one sun, three different things. Hence God, Jesus and the Holy spirit. Hope that helps.???
    Why call something that is one, three different entities then, just confuses the matter.

I am male, I emit heat, I am caucasian- I do not refer to myself as a trinity. [/b][/quote]
    Hobbes grow up dude, were not entities.... Stop watching star trek....

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Originally posted by protak+28 September 2003 - 09:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (protak @ 28 September 2003 - 09:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@28 September 2003 - 08:08
    Originally posted by protak@28 September 2003 - 08:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-nikita69
    @26 September 2003 - 04:38

Look at the sun, what do you see??? A big yellow sun, the light, and the ray&#39;s that create the heat. They are all the same, one sun, three different things. Hence God, Jesus and the Holy spirit. Hope that helps.???

I am male, I emit heat, I am caucasian- I do not refer to myself as a trinity.
    Hobbes grow up dude, were not entities.... Stop watching star trek.... [/b][/quote]
    The Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost are defined as the Divine Trinity.

I have never watched Star Trek.

One thing is one thing, learn your own religion. The six sides of a cube are not six different entities, but components of the same object.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast