Thread: Need Help with utorrent! Please Help!

harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    Hey guys, i'm going to update my OS in a day or two and i need to know if there's any other way to save my utorrent settings and(more importantly) the running(in this case seeding only) torrents, i don't relish the prospect of re-adding hundreds of torrent files and pointing them to their specific locations, Please help!
    So all in all, any way to keep my utorrent As it is in this current state, i'm gonna do a clean install but all the torrent files and data will be as it was before, i'd really appreciate ur input on this, or even if there isn't such a thing, any pointers on how to go about it with minimum effort?(Hopefully(well this is kinda selfish:p) some of you have been in this position as well)
    And just so that y'all know i'm not gonna get a seedbox to avoid the same thing happening in the future
    Spoiler: Show

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    Well , this thing happens to me all the time , i had to install windows 7 and was too tired of doing all redownloading and hash checking torrents ..well do this :

Start ---> Run

then Type "%appdata%" without "

there will be a folder called uTorrent , copy that folder somewhere .. with all its data , settings.dat, settings.dat.old, dht.dat ,rss.dat , resume.dat.old , resume.dat , <--- check these files are present .. also see that all the torrents are copied properly ... also u can rename the folder to uTorrent1

Then format OS and install whatever windows u want to .. after that , install uTorrent , Run and type %appdata% , there will be a uTorrent folder(its a fresh copy so all the previous data wont be there), shut down uTorrent and Delete the folder .. ... in order to get ur settings back ... just copy back the uTorrent1 folder u backed up before formatting .. rename uTorrent1 to uTorrent ...

Run uTorrent again .. and viola .. u have all the settings and torrents back in ur uTorrent ..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    Thanks a Freakin' lot guys!!!
    Spoiler: Show

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    you r welcome harsh