Thread: anybody knowing varsbox?

Poster
    I cannot find very much about varsbox on the internet, but they had been one of our resellers for a few months. They were mainly in the seedbox business, as far as we can tell.

Apparently they now have vanished, leaving many servers unpaid and strenghtening my statement about the reliability of the seedbox business.

Does anybody know these guys from varsbox?
    Last edited by dwdm; 05-17-2009 at 04:41 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    People who scam suppliers exist in every business.

Just because users can switch seedboxes easily it doesn't seem the seedboxes are going away.

By the way, is someone actually answering billing tickets today? Because I've got a couple pending, and it would be nice to get a reply since there's a problem with the last two invoices...no big deal (I'm paying them right now anyway) but one'd think tickets regarding pending payments should be taken care of asap.

Xirvik

PS. I'm curious about how it's possible to leave unpaid servers with a prepay service.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    I'm not in charge of billing (accounting) issues, but in the varsbox case I have been informed to reclaim more servers than usual.

Resellers are considered as people that we can trust. So it is rather normal that we do not cut power when one reseller has some payment delays as long as the account history shows reasonnable behaviour. In this case we have been informed that the reseller probably went bankrupt, and that is why I am asking if anybody knows more about Varsbox than we do...?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    the reseller didn't go bankrupt, he just decided to stop his business.

Sucks that he didnt send an email telling you of his plans
    Last edited by ben99; 05-17-2009 at 07:00 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    People go out of business... that's normal in life. But usually when you go out of business you want to make sure that you make a clean cut.

I wonder how much he left unpaid with other players.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Seedbox Provider
    He handed over business to others, who didn't do so well at it and he never came back to pick up the pieces. The transition didn't go so well obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by xirvflux View Post
    By the way, is someone actually answering billing tickets today? Because I've got a couple pending, and it would be nice to get a reply since there's a problem with the last two invoices...no big deal (I'm paying them right now anyway) but one'd think tickets regarding pending payments should be taken care of asap.
    Same, I got a few open, some hardware problems and some other ones that I'm not too fussed about yet.
    Last edited by Six66Mike; 05-17-2009 at 08:48 PM.