Thread: Audiobooks?

Anybody know of a good repository/site with a collection of links to audiobooks? Like, a huge amount of them.

Any help appreciated. thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    By far the best way to access a huge range of audiobooks is to become involved with an audiobook newsgroup - the most active is alt.binaries.mp3.audiobooks (you can see this group's FAQ at http://abma.britcom.org.uk/).

To get the most out of Newsgroups you should do the following:

- Read the guides in the Newsgroup forum on this site and learn how to create PAR2 files and NZB files.

- subscribe to a good News service that provides anonymity by not keeping logs - I suggest Astraweb. Some ISPs provide a good quality news service themselves, so you may not have to pay for a commercial service. My own ISP provides a direct feed to Astraweb as part of its service.

- get a good free News reader such as Grabit and subscribe to all active audiobook newsgroups.

- get a good posting program such as YEncPowerPost.

- check the audiobook newsgroups every day as the books don't stay available for long (depending on your news service).

- start posting your own audiobooks. Once you have a good reputation for posting, start requesting the audiobooks you particularly want, and people will take notice of you.

If you do all of the above, I can virtually guarantee that your collection of audiobooks will expand dramatically over time.