Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Ideas For A New Tracker!

brento's Avatar Poster
    I always dreamed of a tracker for high school/college students where they could upload their essays, reports, etc. that they did really well on. It could also include ebooks and other study materials. Link could be ipassed.it or iaced.it or something of that sort.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    As others have explained already, the mp3 packs on general 0day trackers like SCC (a site which I'm not on btw.) can't be searched / sorted by genres properly. Yes, they are a temporary workaround, but a strictly scene mp3 tracker with good retention is simply lacking. There are no two ways about that.

Of course the other general music trackers like What are excellent, but it still would be nice to have a scene mp3 tracker (with good retention) in addition to that. Not all scene groups are hopeless, there actually are quite a few good groups out there. And the scene tends to be faster with new releases also, often (considerably) earlier than retail.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by brento View Post
    I always dreamed of a tracker for high school/college students where they could upload their essays, reports, etc. that they did really well on. It could also include ebooks and other study materials. Link could be ipassed.it or iaced.it or something of that sort.
    This made me giggle, but I would like to see a decent textbook tracker. That way, I'll have an excuse to buy me one of them kindle thingies for college. It would cover the cost and then some in later years.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    As others have explained already, the mp3 packs on general 0day trackers like SCC (a site which I'm not on btw.) can't be searched / sorted by genres properly. Yes, they are a temporary workaround, but a strictly scene mp3 tracker with good retention is simply lacking. There are no two ways about that.

Of course the other general music trackers like What are excellent, but it still would be nice to have a scene mp3 tracker (with good retention) in addition to that. Not all scene groups are hopeless, there actually are quite a few good groups out there. And the scene tends to be faster with new releases also, often (considerably) earlier than retail.

But i still dont get why u need it, u can get a scene rip uploaded on to what anyway and wait till some proper rips come along. Whats the need for this additional site. pointless in my point of view. And who cares how quickly they can get the releases, why not wait a little longer and get a proper rip. Also getting stuff realeased considerably earlier then its retail date is totally hot its the thing the authorities amd record companies hate the most.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    And I don't get why you are so against this idea, when it's rather obvious that there is a lot of demand for it, especially ever since Softmp3 went down?

What seems pointless to you does not have to apply to others. In my humble view, TV show trackers are totally pointless, for example (I don't watch TV shows, and there is even less appeal for me to actually download and watch them again...), yet I would never question that others see it differently, and there obviously is demand for it.

As long as there is demand, it's not pointless to fill it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i do agree with Villalltheway and i also wonder what's the point in downloading exclusively scene mp3 releases.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Who said 'exclusively'?

There is demand for scene mp3s, hence there is demand for a scene mp3 tracker with good retention. There really is nothing more to add to this.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ok, let's put it another way: what makes you love scene releases enough to wish for a tracker entirely devoted to this category ?
    i know there is demand for scene mp3's but i want to know your point of view about that.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I've been hoping for a music tracker that uses no compression formats. Personally, I have many tb's of space and don't see the need to compress to flac. Mp3 is great but i can make my own if i need to. Thanks for listening and i hope to see this in the near future. Oh, please send me an invite if this becomes a reality.
    Cheers

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    ok, let's put it another way: what makes you love scene releases enough to wish for a tracker entirely devoted to this category ?
    i know there is demand for scene mp3's but i want to know your point of view about that.
    'Love'? Now, let's not go overboard. I love my girlfriend, or my football club, or a cold beer on a hot summer day, or fur underpants on a freezing cold night, but not compressed audio files.

I like scene mp3s in addition to the "home made" stuff for the reasons explained earlier, and because I have a relatively huge scene mp3 collection already, old habits you could say. Scene mp3s have the advantage of dupechecking, so even if a certain tracker does not have a release you are searching for, you know that it was released on a certain day by a certain group.

I, like many others, appreciate a clean, well structured, as complete as possible (ideally multilanguage) scene mp3 tracker with good retention , and since this doesn't exist, there obviously is demand for it *points at the title of the thread*.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast