Thread: help

guys im a member of some trackers and they have ratio,and another site it says no ration but traffic,what does that mean can anybody tell me,what the different between traffic and ratio thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    for traffic, there is no division of upload with download to get the 'ratio'. Instead, they just see the amount of upload and the amount of download. the sites that use this have special rules as to how they judge the upload to download. (e.g. you must not download 50GB unless you've uploaded 50GB first) its wise to check the site's faq for their specific guidelines on this

for ratio however, they will divide the amount that you upload with how much you download. I'm not exectly sure how the final ratio is exactly calculated (e.g. if it uses total upload/total download or average of individual ratios to get the final ratio). these sites require you to maintain a decent ratio, which should be 1:1 or greater.
    Last edited by djerholler69; 05-18-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: I make no sense :S

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    traffic means the total amount of download and upload ... like u leeched 5 GB and uploaded 5 GB so u r traffic will be 10 GB whereas considering same example .. u will have ratio = 1 coz u downloaded 5 and upped 5

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    thanks guys for you quick reply,very aprreciate,yeah im reading the faq now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanman99 View Post

Probably should have been the first thing u did

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanman99 View Post

i read already but bit confused that's why i ask here

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNex View Post
    Perhaps, but he didn't. That said, your post was of no use. Neither is this one, come to think of it.