Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you allowed to own a gun in your country?

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    here you can't own a gun unless you get a license, emitted by the police. and they get all your personal data connected to the exact weapon you buy.
    and any blade longer than 7 cm also needs approval from the local authorities.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 05-19-2009 at 05:32 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    here you can't own a gun unless you get a license, emitted by the police. and they get all your personal data connected to the exact weapon you buy.
    and any blade longer than 7 cm also needs approval from the local authorities.
    And that's the way it should be everywhere, that's why you don't have as much crime as we have in the USA.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    In the UK you can only own a firearm if you have a licence. Except for air rifles I think.

Handguns are banned altogether.

I don't know anyone who owns a gun.
    Yea shot guns are allowed with a licence and they must be always stored away properly. They usualy give licences so people in the country side can hunt vermin shot some clay pigeons etc.

All automatic guns are banned aswell but that goes without saying.

The only people i know personally who have guns are like farmers and people who live in the country. Its not like the US here cant just go to Tesco and buy gun.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lamuller View Post
    Well in those times, you didn't have anyone in the Bronx NY, Dorchester Boston or Columbine going in a killing spree with their slings, so it was never the same.
    None of the nutters would have been in america at the time, they would have been elsewhere, causing havoc with their slings. Apart from the ones running about killing people with tomahawks of course.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    You can own a hand gun in the UK provided...

i) You have a license from the authorities.

ii) You are a member of a gun club.

iii) The gun must never leave the club. You cannot take the gun home with you.

My father used to have quite a collection of firearms, until they changed the law. Now his weapons are stored at the gun club, and that is the only place he can wield them.

Shotguns are a different matter, and many people have licenses to use them.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    You can own a hand gun in the UK provided...

i) You have a license from the authorities.

ii) You are a member of a gun club.

iii) The gun must never leave the club. You cannot take the gun home with you.

My father used to have quite a collection of firearms, until they changed the law. Now his weapons are stored at the gun club, and that is the only place he can wield them.

Shotguns are a different matter, and many people have licenses to use them.
    What happens if the gun club sets you some homework

7. Lounge   -   #27
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I haven't used a gun since my army days. Dangerous tool in the wrong hands. That's all.

Peace, doobs

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Shirley they're dangerous in anyone's hands considering they're designed to kill stuff/people.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

9. Lounge   -   #29
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You need a license here also. I never bothered to check how to get one, but I hear the rules are pretty strict (you have to be a hunter,...)
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    You would think so; however, my battalion's supply sergeant never qualified with his weapon at the range - the whole time he was in the military (22 years, like).

I used to buy the biggest, fattest, and juiciest joints off his brain damaged wife. She was fecking weird to the max. She would sit on top of their fridge all day long with a glass of iced tea and a bag of doobies.

She was all right, and Sgt was all right too. He let me stay at his house and get away from the barracks on the weekends. He taught me how to be a man. He made me laugh. Sgt was a double hard bastard with a soul.

Sgt was killed in Panama. I watched him die. His eyes were open. He had a fly on his face on the ride back. I hated that fly. I still hate that fly. I hate all flies. They're the first vultures of death.

Peace, Sgt Brother Doobie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast