Thread: .exe Programs Requestin Permission To The Net

everytime my pc starts up, .exe programs keep askin permission to the internet (eg Ae1.exe)
    i thought it was a virus but when i scanned norton didn't find anything,
    got any ideas

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    try googling it

or close that program and see what stops.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    you could also search for the file right click see if properties will tell ya anything also if it isnt to big open it in notepad see if you can see something in there that will explain where it came from

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    4play
    i cloce it but nuttin happened
    im scared help me

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    but that's the wierd thing
    i'm very parannoyed to i reasearch shit like this iand i knew wat to do.
    i did search for it but it did find anything and i'm runnin xp if that's any help

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Lots of programs try to access the net- some for good reason.

Stuff like SpyBot or Ad-Aware are trying to get updates.
    The rest of 'em are either trying to get you to "register" the program or maybe purchase an upgraded, "full" version. A few are completely mysterious, I can't imagine what they want to do.

You can edit your startup menu and see what happens if you stop the process from loading with Windows.
    You can set your firewall to automatically deny access to the program and see what happens.
    Or, as suggested above, you can try to figure out exactly what program is asking for access.
    No matter which way you approach it, you really should find out who/what is asking before allowing permission.

I got this with Google...look familiar?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by osahri316@25 September 2003 - 15:11
    but that's the wierd thing
    i'm very parannoyed to i reasearch shit like this iand i knew wat to do.
    i did search for it but it did find anything and i'm runnin xp if that's any help
    if you would like PM me ill send ya email addy then send me the file and i will have a look at it for you

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    is it not your Firewall asking 2 let a program connect 2 the net,

if u don't configure your firewall, it is will ask u 2 let programs 2 connect 2 the net...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    I did a google search for Ae1.exe and found this site which might be related, or might not but is worth checking just incase :-)

http://www.softlookup.com/preview/dis8486.html

It's something to do with Error reporting and handling -

"Auto-Error (v1.8.18)
    Size:: 3MB
    FileName:: ae1.exe

Description: Auto-Error Auto-Error includes two applications: the "Error Scripting Application" and the "Error Handling Component".
    The Auto-Error "Error Scripting Application" is designed to process Visual Basic project files (forms, modules, and more) to include line numbers on every line of code and add error handling stubs at the top and bottom of every function, sub, and property statement. Line numbers enable you to know the exact line of code that failed when attempting to diagnose an error.

The optional Auto-Error "Error Handling Component" can be referenced in your Visual Basic project and adds powerful internal error handling processing and diagnostics."

Sniper.