Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xvid

frent
    does any1 knows how to play a movie thats coded with xvid ?

greetz

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    U need the Kazaa lite codec pack on the homepage above or just clik here:

K-lite codec pak

Also, this is the wrong section.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    why do people recommend codec packs when someone is just asking a quesion about ONE CODEC. "you need this codec pack"... NO HE DOESN'T. he needs an Xvid codec.

nothing against you personally, Gre1, but i see this answer a lot on the forum and i don't think it's always the right answer.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@25 September 2003 - 20:22
    why do people recommend codec packs when someone is just asking a quesion about ONE CODEC. "you need this codec pack"... NO HE DOESN'T. he needs an Xvid codec.

nothing against you personally, Gre1, but i see this answer a lot on the forum and i don't think it's always the right answer.
    He didn't specifically asked for one codec, I think it's better that he downloaded and used the klite codec pack before he comes back asking for another codec to play another video format. And I think he just wants something that can run a xvid format video, so I think recommending the klite pack is not a bad idea.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@25 September 2003 - 14:22
    why do people recommend codec packs when someone is just asking a quesion about ONE CODEC.  "you need this codec pack"...  NO HE DOESN'T.  he needs an Xvid codec. 

why would he just install just one codec when he can get every codec he needs at one time. If he just download's one codec then he will probably be back saying where can he get the divx codec. With the codec pack he can view everything with no trouble of downloading anything else.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by RedRival@25 September 2003 - 11:31
    He didn't specifically asked for one codec
    oh yeah? "does any1 knows how to play a movie thats coded with xvid ?" if that isn't a request for an Xvid-compatible codec/filter, i don't know what is.

there's no such thing as a codec pack that plays everything. at least there's no such thing as a good one that plays everything. that's prolly why a lot of people complain about the nimo pack-- it has too much obscure crap in it, so newbies screw their computer up by just installing the whole thing. i'm sure the k-lite pack is more newb-friendly than that, and it's less likely to mess people's computers up. but there's something to be said for solving the specific problem, and not fixing what ain't broke.

this isn't going to do him any good, when he finally downloads a movie which requires a codec that wasn't included in the k-lite pack... he'll be right back here asking how to play it 'cause nobody explained to him what codecs are, how to install them & uninstall them, etc. give a man a fish and he gets to eat for one day, teach him how to fish and you feed him for life... you know?

okay, that's all i have to say. this isn't really worth having an argument over, 'cause my point is really just a nitpick.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    @ 3RA1N1AC

Instead of complaining about the answers that other people give to solve Frent's problem, I suggest you give the answer that you think Frent is looking for.

Greetz, D!mensio_x.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    muchspl2
    just play it in videolan

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by D!mensio_x@25 September 2003 - 13:53
    Instead of complaining about the answers that other people give to solve Frent's problem, I suggest you give the answer that you think Frent is looking for.
    @ D!mensio_x

okay, fine.

digital audio & video formats require that codecs or filters be installed, to create them and play them. mp3s require an mp3 codec for example, and XviD files require an XviD-compatible codec or filter.

here are two popular XviD codecs for Windows. take your pick, they're basically the same but one may work better with your computer than the other. if one doesn't work right, uninstall it and try the other--

Nic's XviD decoder-- http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/XviD-Dec-230203.exe

Koepi's XviD decoder-- http://www.roeder.goe.net/cgi-bin/fetch?fi...-04102002-1.exe

3ivX and FFDShow are also capable of displaying XviD. whatever one you choose is all up to personal preference, since XviD is an open source codec and everyone is free to create their own version of it.

better?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Yes, this is much better..... Why didn't you just give this answer to begin with?

And perhaps you even provided some real help for Frent.

Greetz, D!mensio_x.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast