K-Lite Codec Pack 4.8.5
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
* It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
* All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
* It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
* Works great with Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center. But also with all other DirectShow players, such as Media Player Classic, BS.Player, ZoomPlayer, and others.
* The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
* The pack has many options, which allows you to tweak it to your own specific needs and preferences.
* Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys. All changes are properly undone.
* It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
* It does not contain any codecs or filters that are known to be bad, buggy or unstable. In fact, the installer is able to detect and disable several known troublemakers.
* It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs installed on your computer. The installer is able to detect and remove over 100 different codec and filter packs.
* The installer is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
* It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
* The pack has options to activate thumbnail generation in Windows Explorer for several popular video file formats, which are by default not thumbnailed in Explorer.
* The pack automatically configures Media Center to recognize all common audio and video file formats, so that such files show up in your media library.
* This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
* There are different variants of the pack. From very small to large.
* The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.
Changelog 4.8.0 to 4.8.5 ~ 2009-05-19
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2954
* Updated AC3Filter to version 1.60b
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.15
* Added the ability to easily change the preferred splitter for AVI/MP4/MOV/HDMOV/3GP files
* Minor changes
Changelog 4.7.5 to 4.8.0 ~ 2009-04-29
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2925
* Fixed a ffdshow threading bug that could make Windows Media Center crash
* Updated Gabest MPEG splitter to version 1.2.1020.0
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.14
* Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 2.5.3
* Minor changes and improvements
Changelog 4.7.0 to 4.7.5 ~ 2009-03-27
* Updated Media Player Classic Homecinema to version 1.2.1008.0
* Updated Media Player Classic to version 184.108.40.206 rev. 99
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2819
* Added x264 encoding plugin for ffdshow
* Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 220.127.116.11
* Updated MONOGRAM AAC decoder to version 0.9.6.0
* Updated x264VFW to revision 1115
* Updated RealMedia components to version 18.104.22.1685
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.12
* Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 2.5.1
* Minor changes
Download Link: http://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm