Thread: Please Help Me

I have got a Matshita DVD-ROM SR 8585F and i have recently got windows xp and now it wont work. It wont open any games or music, When i right click the drive and go on volumes it has al the music songs listed or the name of the game and it says onm the hardware tab it is working fine, it searched for new drivers but didnt find any, what can i do to get it to work?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    1. Go back to your old OS
    2. Look for new drivers on their wbsite
    3. Don't open any games or music
    4. Hit it a few times, maybe it will stop being so bitchy
    5. Matshita DVD-ROM SR 8585F, yes it really is a piece of shit

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Do u have it set it to Master or Slave? Make sure if u have two ROMs installed that one of them is set to master or slave. That happened to me.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Catracho@25 September 2003 - 23:24
    Do u have it set it to Master or Slave? Make sure if u have two ROMs installed that one of them is set to master or slave. That happened to me.
    its working now which is quite strange but how do i see if it is set to master or slave?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    as soon as you see the system startup screen press F1 or esc what have you and you will see a list of options that have to do with your system. from there you can edit your drives, hard disks etc, go where it says system hardware and find the drive, then I belive you can see if it is a slave. you can change it from there.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Erm no....

Take a look at the jumper pins on the back of the drive next to the ide ribbon cable connector. You should see a little label telling you which pins need to be set to set the drive as masteer and the slave. If the label isn't on the back, it might be on the top of the drive. Take the jumper (the small plastic thingie) and place it over the two pins depicted on the label. Set one drive as master and one as slave, or both as cable select.

As i said, if you had no problems with your old os, i doubt the jumper settings will be wrong. It may be that your drive isn't compatible with XP. Check the manufacturers website for info.