Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: Feral Hosting

Hi to everyone...
    ı'm thinkg to buy a dedicated Kimsufi Personal C-05G .Can ı use winrar, amule etc. with thıs server? İf ı'll buy thıs sever, use only by me isnt it not shared.
    I dont know so much about seedbox so ı mıght be asked silly questions.
    Sorry for my bad englısh btw.

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    I have the "Speed" slot for more than a week now, and I think it's awesome!
    I get 10MB up and down at max. (10MegaByte, not bit)
    I paid with paypal, first the owner (Joshua, _Lemon_ in the IRC channel) didn't see the payment, so I gave him the payment number (or how you call it) and I had access to my slot within 5 minutes!
    The support is awesome, most of the time you got an answer within 10 minutes.
    You don't have to do it with one client, rTorrent. If you still want to you can use it with wTorrent or ruTorrent. You can also choose Transmission or Deluge as an client.
    I prefer Transmission with a Remote, so it looks and feels like a torrent client running at your home pc.

I asked to install Irssi on my slot, and they did it without any questions. In that way you can run an IRC bot. I have now an IRC bot running with only triggers, but you can use it for files too! You got full SSH access to your slot.

Rapidleech is also allowed to run on your slot. you can use it for a website too if you like.
    Unlimited torrents. And the plan I chose has also unlimited traffic.

The downtime is like 10 minutes every 4-5 days, but still, it's the most awesome price/quality hosting I have ever seen on teh intrawebs!

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by HDlover View Post
    anyone here tried the new BURST offer on feral??

Does it still suffer from the slow transfer problems as the previous plans?
    I've had the Burst Plan for 2 1/2 weeks now,and I got to say it's fantastic!Support is right there,too!
    Here's a screenshot of one of my torrents (it actually topped out around 55-60 MB/s):

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    technodrome's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I cannot reach both feralhosting home page and my seedbox page. Does anyone knows what happened?

5. BitTorrent   -   #105

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by technodrome View Post
    I cannot reach both feralhosting home page and my seedbox page. Does anyone knows what happened?
    Mate but Feral's Opening Fine for Me. At least the site is, dont know about Seedbox because I dont use it

Have Fun!

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    I seem to be locked out of my website with feral too. Cant even access the main website.

Hopefully it is just some maintainance but they never emailed me of any downtime.

And i think its a bigger issue tbh - http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/feralhosting.com

Hopefully they fix connectivity soon.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    Poster
    also got myself a speed slot just yesterday (this is my first seedbox btw) and all i could say is that this is money well spent... the hdd size is a little low but what else can you expect for a 10gbp slot...

the d/l speeds are great though i haven't been able to check my upload speeds yet... and oh, the best thing is that the traffic is unlimited...

i was initially thinking of using this seedbox for only a month but now that i'm quite satisfied with the service (so far), i'm now considering to making this part of my monthly expenses...

the staff (particularly _Lemon_) are also helpful by the way...

the only problem that i'm having so far is in trying to connect to the openvpn server that was installed in my slot which i hope i will find a solution for with the help of their staff...
    Last edited by freak12345; 07-14-2010 at 04:11 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    I have the Speed slot for more than a week now, and I think it's great! I get 10MB up and down at max.
    I paid with paypal, and I had access to my slot within 5 minutes!
    The support is awesome, most of the time you got an answer within 10 minutes. You don't have to do it with one client.
    I prefer ruTorrent though as it is FAST.

edit
    Last edited by qonad; 07-17-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I got the Burst Slot about a week ago and love it.
    I've reached a top upload of 58MB/s and download of about 63MB/s.

Wishing for a FTN or SCC invite

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    SkyW's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    how hard is this to setup? For someone with no linux knowledge,... I see software is automatically installed, does that mean even with no linux knowledge one should be able to use torrents?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast