Thread: QuakeLive: Quake3 re-incarnated in your browser, completely free

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer

Quake III is back! And completely free to play, right here in your web browser. For the uninitiated, this is a classic first person shooter.

Quake Live is pretty much the second coming of Quake 3. Developed by ID Software, and playable in full screen, this old dog has not learned many new tricks. Those familiar with this titles roots are going to feel right at home. The gamer runs the halls of otherworldly levels, and frags whatever stands in his way. It’s good old gaming fun. As an online game, Quake Live in pretty much multiplayer exclusive. Set in a Gothic techno-verse, this series macabre appeal is still here.

Source: Freeware Genius

Go here to play: http://www.quakelive.com/

Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-06-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    [center]

2. Games   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +1
    but it downloads atleast 200 mb without our notice and it si legally free

3. Games   -   #3
    random_'s Avatar n00b
    i have played q3 Arena for 3 years and i will surely try this out, thank you!

4. Games   -   #4
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by random_ View Post
    i have played q3 Arena for 3 years and i will surely try this out, thank you!
    Me too! I played that game non stop. I have never been hooked like that on any game. Not even when I got my Super Nes and Super Mario world. Although I remember I played Super Mario World non stop when I first got it. I probably slept 4 hours a night every night during the first week. Then it happened again with Street Fighter II Turbo but Quake 3 omg. I played that game every day for a very long time.

I don't know if it's age or maybe they just don't make games like they used to but back in the days those games were simply amazing and you could not stop playing. Super Metroid, Super Contra, Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game, Ninja Gaden 1, 2, 3. Wow!! many many hours of pure awesomeness.