Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riaa Persecution Issues

I know this has been brought up, but i havent seen it directly addressed. Maybe i just missed something, but then someone can feel happy in getting mad at me after i post this. Anyway, on topic:

I know that the RIAA has sued some kids and so on. But, how do they track your IP address? And do they only target big users, or people like me who only download the odd song? One of my half-friends has been telling me off for using Kazaa-Lite and going on about how ill get sued and all that shit, and quoting from the RIAA about ethics and so on and so forth.

So, i was wondering....how do they track you, which ones do they target, and should i consider not using Kazaa-Lite anymore, or for that matter an P2P program. Or is the whole thing just show?

Side note on ethics: I dont really like downloading copyright stuff, and i do buy the CDs of my favorite bands. But, i wouldnt know what those bands sounded like if i didnt download their music (ignoring MTV and the radio for now). Sooo, i download the music, and if i like the artist alot then ill buy his/her CD. And it all works out. As for videos and games, i barely ever download the former and never the latter (mainly for virus concerns than anything else, but...)

Please answer--if what the RIAA are doing is true, then i dont feel like being fined 2000 bucks. Thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    aside from doing research your self this is the only link i can offer you here

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Forum Star
    They search for stuff and then they do 'a search more from same user' to see how many copyrighted files people share.

Kazaa Lite K++ prevents that, so no worries.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks guys....

So paul, you're sure that kazaa lite prevents that? If so, cool..

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Duke33@21 September 2003 - 16:26
    Thanks guys....

So paul, you're sure that kazaa lite prevents that? If so, cool..
    yes klite will prevent that, if you ever tried to search a user's file and got nothing it was because of the patch

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    the word never does not exist in the cyberworld.

10 years ago, no one had the idea that a little spider would influence the world so widely. if an 18 year old can make the sobig virus, than i cant second guess the riaa who has funding to find backdoors.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    The option "find more files from this user" still works!!!

Is working the one on the top, the icon next to the envelope, click on it and it will show you a list of all the "things" that user has.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by imation@21 September 2003 - 23:41

Is working the one on the top, the icon next to the envelope, click on it and it will show you a list of all the "things" that user has.
    if they have the privacy patch on it will not work boss

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by imation@21 September 2003 - 23:41

they can only come in your pc if you have a port open and if you are hidding your files then its not a matter of back doors

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@22 September 2003 - 04:34

if they have the privacy patch on it will not work boss
    How you know if you have that patch? if you don't have it, where can you get it from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast