Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Cooking/home improvement

Well, you kinda implied it.

Great comeback though...
    feels good, man

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Poster
    hmmmmmm Cooking Niche is small the project is on hold. As certain people have approached me with regards to a MusicVid niche. These people have experience so i am considering that.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    A section with DYI electronics and PC hardware stuff would be cool and would get some interest I would think. If you could work it in your budget to rip and up the latest issues of some of the leading magazines in that kind of genre you'd be a step ahead.

I think a tracker focusing on all sorts of DYI would be pretty cool not just cooking but anything people do for hobbies. I'm sure you could get lots of content you could even go to your local library and rip scan a crapload of books ect...

The big problem for you will be content. Once you're well established you'll probably find people willing to help out but what you really need (what all trackers need) is a group of dedicated uppers who are willing to pay out of their own pocket server costs for their boxes and in this case perhaps buying books and mags to up.

I would also consider user generated content. I'm sure a bunch of people have stuff at home they could up on the tracker and you might find people really get into it.

Anyway good luck with your endeavor and make sure you're prepared to pay the server bills for many months and subsidies them for even longer after that.

EDIT:

lol...never mind I just read your post
    Last edited by sear; 05-29-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345