Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: news readers

ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    *edit*
    Last edited by ericab; 05-31-2009 at 06:54 PM.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Most of the programs listed here look to be for Windows. Lets hear from the Linux users!

I'm using http://www.lottanzb.org/ and it only downloads the PARS if it finds incomplete files. So far I find that its great at auto extracting, but if I could find one to also auto load the NZB's from a folder or download directly from Newzleech then I'd be in heaven!

<Edit>
    Quote Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
    SABnzbd works great for me
    I just checked SABnzb out, and it looks to have everything I could ask for! Thanks Manu1991!
    Last edited by wayhold; 06-01-2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added more information to my post

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by wayhold View Post
    Most of the programs listed here look to be for Windows. Lets hear from the Linux users!

I'm using http://www.lottanzb.org/ and it only downloads the PARS if it finds incomplete files. So far I find that its great at auto extracting, but if I could find one to also auto load the NZB's from a folder or download directly from Newzleech then I'd be in heaven!

<Edit>
    Quote Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
    SABnzbd works great for me
    I just checked SABnzb out, and it looks to have everything I could ask for! Thanks Manu1991!
    An alternative to Sabnzbd is Ninan. www.ninan.org
    Both 'clients' are web-based , and they work more or less the same, with small differences (ex: Ninan lets you access NZBs from Newzbin directly; Sabnzbd excels at downloading direct from RSS feeds) the main difference being that Ninan uses Java and Sabnzbd is Python-based.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    ^ Sabnzbd also has newzbin support , i havent used this feature so cant comment whether it accesses the nzb's directly or not

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    SABnzbd with firefox plugin nzbdstatus makes newzbin super easy. Although you don't need the firefox plugin. You can punch in report #s into SABnzbd and it will pull the report from newzbin.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Both plugin's are not supported by FF v3, you have to install another add-on to make older add-on's to install.
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    nzbdstatus has moved to sourceforge and the newest version there does work in FF 3. I am not sure what the 2nd plugin you are referring to.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nzbdstatus/

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    i prefer newsbin pro to all others.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    I use and really love altbinz... solid and clear options with all the handy options provided.
    Sadly something has gone wrong with the latest cracked editions but oh well... if nothing changes i ll check the new version of grabit once release and newsleecher one and then decide what to do. I ll either stick to the latest cracked working or move to one of the 2 i mentioned.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    newsgroupie
    It's been reported that some of the latest cracked versions of Alt.Binz contain a virus. Any version released before v.30 should work as-is without a crack.

I don't quite understand the point of "switching" from Alt.binz to Grabit just because the latest cracked version of Altbinz won't work. The official "free" version of Altbinz, v.0.25, does essentially everything that the current version of Grabit does (both are probably about equally outdated).

(I put "switching" in quotes because most people, it seems, display loyalty to only one software application at a time. I tend to be somewhat promiscous - I've got a stable of about two dozen newsreaders)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast