Thread: Looking For Quality Media Converter Program

Roosh's Avatar Poster
    I'd like to get an all-purpose media converter having similar capbilities to "OSS Media Converter Pro 4.0"
    Powerful all-in-one Audio & Video, Converter (two-way among CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI (Windows Video), WMV (Windows Media Video), RM (Real Media) FLIC, etc.), Video Conversion, Decompiling. Conversions include: CD to WAV/MP3/WMA/OGG, WAV to MP3, MP3 to WAV, WAV/MP3 to WMA, WMA to WAV/MP3, WAV/MP3 to OGG, OGG to WAV/MP3, WAV/MP3 to CD, WAV/MP3 Compression and two-way conversions among MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI, WMV, Real Media & more
    I tried it and it didn't work out as I'm running xp pro:
    PC Hamster 16-Sep-2003 01:23:00 AM
    "Does NOT Work With Debugger Enabled"
    If you have WinXP or any version of WinNT, it won't work UNLESS WinAce/SoftIce Service IS SHUT DOWN. Problem is FINDING IT. Someone wake me when there's a REAL converter out there THAT WORKS which will convert WMV to AVI or MPEG. In the meantime, I'll continue searching...... :-( 
    (When it comes to specifically converting avi & mpeg, I have and would use TMPGEnc & VDub, but have never found or been given a straight [step-by-step] answer on how to do it)

Just looking for some suggestions based on your experience.

Cheers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Out of The Ordinary
    Try here > Multimedia

BOT

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/guides?tools=1&mad...+or+List+Guides

thats the list from dvdrhelp this looks like the easyest
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm
    tmpgenc or what most call it tmpeg is the best overall encoder.
    some say the cce encoder gives better results, i think its just because it cost 2K to buy.
    try both and see what you like with cce you reall need a front end gui, avisynth seem's to be the best
    http://www.aviscript.de/howto/HowToDVD.htm

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the replies -- I'll do some homework.

Edit: Is that a Tintin reference under your nickname, BOT? Those are brilliant. Haddock, Calculus, snowy & the gang...brings back the memories. (Anf if it isn't, I'm just talking out of my ass here, aren't I?)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by Roosh@26 September 2003 - 10:02
    Thanks for the replies -- I'll do some homework.

Edit: Is that a Tintin reference under your nickname, BOT? Those are brilliant. Haddock, Calculus, snowy & the gang...brings back the memories. (Anf if it isn't, I'm just talking out of my ass here, aren't I?)
    Anytime

Yes "Les Sept Boules de Cristal" is one of Hergés books
    Personally I like Roberto Rastapopoulos best

BOT