Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Win Xp Pro Critical Updates Failing To Install

Can not seem to get any Critical Updates to install. Windows XP Pro reports that they have downloaded, but are "failing to install"

Any help please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Install SP1 first, not SP1a, hack the OOBE timer, then do your updates. All will be fine then.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by kennyboy@26 September 2003 - 13:47
    Can not seem to get any Critical Updates to install. Windows XP Pro reports that they have downloaded, but are "failing to install"

Any help please?

hi there !
    over the last couple of days i also was having "Error Problems with Update Page"
    i looked into the support section re error 0x800A138F.
    it gave me 4 or 5 steps to get around it , like changing a registry key number
    i did this re-booted got back on and dl all updates including latest SP1 pack.
    regards
    m8t

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Install SP1 first, not SP1a, hack the OOBE timer, then do your updates. All will be fine then
    Balamm

Windows update says I have already have SP1 installed. As regards OOBE timer, I have no idea what this is, and certainly wouldn't know how to hack it.
    Explain please.

M8t. I am not getting any error number at all to give me a clue. I am only getting :- "Windows Update failed to install the downloaded updates" Try again!" which I have several times.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Double Agent
    yeah balamm say a few more words wont kill ya

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Kennyboy, you could try finding the install files it downloads and running them manually -- that might give you some more verbose error messages. Look for a 'WUtemp' folder for the install files it downloads.

Also, what version of Windows do you have? Home, Pro, Corp?
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    The oobe timer balam refers to relates to windows xp activation. It stands for Out Of Box Experience.

I've had the same problem a couple of times. Check that the update you are downloading is not listed in add/remove programs. If it is then uninstall it. Also, delete your wutemp folder before revisiting windows update. The updates should work fine now.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    If your running a pirated copy of XP that could be one reason why your not able to download the updates completely..i can give u basic instructions for changing your cd key to a non-blacklisted one..PM me for a working key as well

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    PAiNKiLLER
    Download it again n see what happens...

Image Resized

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Skank+26 September 2003 - 20:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skank &#064; 26 September 2003 - 20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>If your running a pirated copy of XP that could be one reason why your not able to download the updates completely..i can give u basic instructions for changing your cd key to a non-blacklisted one..PM me for a working key as well[/b]

If SP1 installed then it&#39;ll be fine.

<!--QuoteBegin-fr600
    @26 September 2003 - 20:24
    Download it again n see what happens... [/quote]Still i am waiting to see you post anything worthwhile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast