Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Win Xp Pro Critical Updates Failing To Install

PAiNKiLLER
    LTJBukem has gone mad...lol...

Image Resized

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    LTJBukem Posted on 26 September 2003 - 16:19
    I've had the same problem a couple of times. Check that the update you are downloading is not listed in add/remove programs. If it is then uninstall it. Also, delete your wutemp folder before revisiting windows update. The updates should work fine now
    I've had similar probs with wu. Sometimes the updates were not listed in add/remove. But then I've searched my HDD thru Start-Search & there it was. Deleted it & redownloaded thru wu. Worked.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    OK Folks. The story so far, although I am out of my depth a bit.

I am running legal copy XP Pro.

None of the updates I am trying to install are listed in Add/Remove.

Not sure how to run the install files manually, so...

So....going to delete the WU file that I have found, (which by the way appears to be empty) and try Windows Update again.
    Also going to search for the updates in Start/Search and if I find them will delete them too.

Will report back as soon as I have done this.

Many many thanks for all your help people, and at least I have some hope of getting this sorted now.

Regrads to all.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I had a similar problem with XP home..(legit) and after 2 days on the phone to tech support(at an astronomical charge rate I may add)..we discovered Download Accelerator Plus 7 was causing some conflicts..so try uninstalling any download managers that u may have installed

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Hi Guys.

Progress to date.

Deleted WU folder. Couldn't find any updates listed on the hard drive, so tried Windows Update again. All seem to have installed ok...BUT:-

Update Summary reports that the Internet Explorer 0.95m update 822925 FAILED to install.

Add/Remove programs lists it, so I am not sure if it is in or not. Windows update does not list it as needing to be installed, so can not understand why it reports as failed installation.
    Should I uninstall this now and then reinstall? Am on an incredibly slow Dial-up in Thailand, so a major undertaking.......

Any Ideas please?
    Apart from that, really grateful to have got this far, with all your help.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Yes mate, uninstall it then restart your comp. You can download the update and save to disc here.

Edit. Don't worry about your slow connection, the patch is only a couple of mb's.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Get corp, I think no matter what key you use then, and I don't think any Corp keys are blacklisted.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe+ 27 September 2003 - 16:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizzandabe &#064; 27 September 2003 - 16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Get corp, I think no matter what key you use then, and I don&#39;t think any Corp keys are blacklisted.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-kennyboy
    @ 27 September 2003 - 14:52
    Am on an incredibly slow Dial-up in Thailand, so a major undertaking.......
    [/quote]

Maybe not eh

No need anyhow, i doubt the problem has anything to do with his key.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    You will be suprised. M&#036; are...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    I know they did the blocking thing with SP1, but i&#39;m not aware of any problems with the updates and hotfixes.

kennyboy, if you still can&#39;t install this patch, be sure and let us know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast