Thread: How Can I Help

I feel sorry, cause some people who are downloading from me get it SO slowly while others take everything fast. I can count all downloads together and they don't add up to what they can take, my bandwith is quite high.

There isn't too many uploading slots so that can't be it.

Can I help them at all?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I feel sorry, cause some people who are downloading from me get it SO slowly while others take everything fast.
    It's probably just that some people have a slower internet connection, so they can't download from you as fast as the other people. So it is not your fault so there's no need to feel sorry about it.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yep, and I and if there are alot of people are uploading from u then it all has to even out with your bandwith, for example if u have a 20kB/s upload and then 4 people are downloading it will give them 5kB/s apiece then if u get 3 more they just have to get the least of it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I checked how much people are getting at the moment: 21 Kb/s + 5 Kb/s + 18 Kb/s + 4 Kb/s, altough they change little every second.

But few hours ago they were like 2 Kb/s + 3 Kb/s + 1 Kb/s + 25 Kb/s

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    you can't realy controll who uploads from you as long as your bandwith is good for it and you allow enough upload slots then you are good to go

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nora73@26 September 2003 - 18:18
    I checked how much people are getting at the moment: 21 Kb/s + 5 Kb/s + 18 Kb/s + 4 Kb/s, altough they change little every second.

But few hours ago they were like 2 Kb/s + 3 Kb/s + 1 Kb/s + 25 Kb/s
    What speed does your ISP rate your connection as?
    It seems to be working ok -- because a total upload speed of >16 KB/sec is actually pretty good, and yours is hitting 48 KB/sec -- but you may be able to wring a little more out of it by limiting upload bandwidth to match your connection.
    Then you'd be uploading just as fast as now (possibly even a little faster) while still getting download speeds of >20 KB/sec.