Thread: French plane disappeared over Atlantic

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer

The search party is huge, like from Brazil all the way to the African coast or something insane like that, very much reminds me of Lost

An Air France plane carrying 228 people from Brazil to France has vanished over the Atlantic after flying into turbulence, airline officials say.

The Airbus sent an automatic message at 0214 GMT, four hours after leaving Rio de Janeiro, reporting a short circuit. It may have been damaged by lightning.

It was well over the ocean when it was lost, making Brazilian and French search planes' task more difficult.

France's president said the chances of finding survivors were "very small".

Source: BBC
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 06-01-2009 at 10:46 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    There was one of our project managers in my place of wurk today who said he caught that same flight but two days ealier

3. Lounge   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    David Copperfield has a lot to answer for.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Apparently unless they ran head on into the mother of all storms ( and they have radar to avoid that) it would have taken a fuselage breach( read bomb) to drop a plane like that.

Of course that's just what an "expert" on CNN said but I think that we should believe everything we see on TV news. Especially speculation.Especially squared if it's of the wild variety.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Apparently unless they ran head on into the mother of all storms ( and they have radar to avoid that) it would have taken a fuselage breach( read bomb) to drop a plane like that.

Of course that's just what an "expert" on CNN said but I think that we should believe everything we see on TV news. Especially speculation.Especially squared if it's of the wild variety.
    Yet another expert says that violent updraughts and downdraughts can exceed a plane's descent/ascent rate. The result is that the wings are torn off. (Edit: BTW, they DID run into the mother of all storms)

Neither this nor the bomb theory sits well with the report of electrical failure though.
    Last edited by lynx; 06-02-2009 at 11:48 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    it's a conspiracy. the government wants us to think about this shit when we're high so they can set us up to follow their everymove

im a always a step ahead of these cocksuckers

7. Lounge   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    When you box you get hit in the head a lot don't you?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    im a always a step ahead of these cocksuckers
    Being one step ahead of cocksuckers isn't the most desirable situation to be in though.

This said, keep it up. Fight the power.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    When you box you get hit in the head a lot don't you?
    i have a bad habit of keeping my left down

10. Lounge   -   #10
    try thinking of these kind of events when you're high. you'll come up with the most ridiculous conclusions

a long time ago i remember sitting with a couple of friends in the park benches. i remember looking up in the sky and thinking about 9/11... im still scared to this day with the bullshit thoughts that went through my mind during those moments lol
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 06-03-2009 at 11:04 PM.