Thread: unkonw problem,need help

dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Smile

i dont know if this is a software or a internet problem,if i have wrote in the wrong section,please move it to the right section,thank you

i visit my uncle every 1-2 month and i use his computer to surf the net

i am use to using opera for web browsing and utorrent for downloading stuff off the net

so i download them off the net and onto my uncle computer and start using it

when i leave my uncle says that after i have installed opera and utorrent on his computer,he can not login into hotmail to checks his mail,even using ie and opera

he says before i have installed opera and utorrent he didnt have any trouble logining into hotmail

is this hotmail problem or opera and utorrent causing the porblem ?

i have the same software installed on my computer and i can log into hotmail and other email service well

but not my uncle,what wrong,i need your help

any help will be appriecated,many thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    newsgroupie
    Being able to access a website but not login usually means that cookies are not working. Some email sites also require Javascript. So make sure both cookies and Javascript are turned on in the browser settings.

I also suggest when using someone else's computer, use a flash drive with "portable applications" on it. Then you can just plug it in, do your stuff, then remove it when done, and the computer will be exactly as you found it: nothing else installed and no settings changed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    why not just have him use ie or FF...
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    you can use chrome as well :-)
    the Game is Over

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The portable application suggestion is very good. I myself carry a usb flash drive(to work etc) where I have to login to multiple PCs to use them.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ultra-customized portable Opera here. Won't leave a trace on the computer it runs on.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."