Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do traders apply or make their own GAs and REQs?

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    They could alway make a dupe account for the GA section. That's why I don't have GAs here (anymore). I go over the req threads and if I like something, I talk to the OP in PM. That said that happens very rarely.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    One way or another still a lot of chances that one of them will disappoint you,and if not now,maybe the next day.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Ok, I get it.

They're counting on finding users stupid enough to invite them. It's all starting to make sense.

Honestly, there are always some trackers open that close for a while or forever soon after. It wasn't like this a couple years ago, but now it is.
    Of course there is another possibility that they simply don't want to continue trading. I know this is not the usual case but still you can't always think the worst of people and not expect them to do the same to you.

Besides and although I an not suggesting anyone start inviting people with dubious pasts, think of it akin to a criminal released from jail who no one will give an honest job to.By never giving them a break you are pretty much condemning them to continue a life of crime.

Of course the obvious thing for someone who was a trader but wants to stop to do is simply keep what they've got and forget about the rest.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    i would think its part of capitalism,the books call it corporate social responsibility(CSR).Sort of like exxon mobil bankrolling research into green energy.nothing suspect.

Its not for us to stop them if they are doing good,now is it?if you don't want their invites you keep away from their giveaways(not referring to the OP by the way)at least they have the balls not to do it in secret unlike some 'pm' traders posing as 'anti-traders'.

Another thing,a tracker loses trust with its members i.e are suspected to be mostly traders and sellers,so it chooses to close its doors,no more invites,months down the line,trades for that tracker go down at supersonic speeds and the tracker's suspicions come to realise that indeed the bad ones are the majority.Now,how do you think that staffer from that tracker would react to such a thread?

I used to love threads like these till i came to realise how stupid they were.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    think of it akin to a criminal released from jail who no one will give an honest job to.By never giving them a break you are pretty much condemning them to continue a life of crime.
    Something like that,of course for most of them its a little harder to became a reliable person again but with some help...

Now,how do you think that staffer from that tracker would react to such a thread?
    Well you cant have everything,as more harder to get in you make it as more "bad" users will want to get in not to say anymore how stupid some rules are,once you make a tracker you asume you'll have some black sheep in there.
    Last edited by Louie; 06-02-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Ok, I get it.

They're counting on finding users stupid enough to invite them. It's all starting to make sense.

Honestly, there are always some trackers open that close for a while or forever soon after. It wasn't like this a couple years ago, but now it is.
    Of course there is another possibility that they simply don't want to continue trading. I know this is not the usual case but still you can't always think the worst of people and not expect them to do the same to you.

Besides and although I an not suggesting anyone start inviting people with dubious pasts, think of it akin to a criminal released from jail who no one will give an honest job to.By never giving them a break you are pretty much condemning them to continue a life of crime.

Of course the obvious thing for someone who was a trader but wants to stop to do is simply keep what they've got and forget about the rest.
    I know it seems like I'm thinking the worst of people. If someone is genuine about stoping trading, he'll be able to write about it in more than 2 sentences (that's what they usually do). You don't need to know perfect english if you don't want to get there by not trading, but it would help.

For me, it's been great. I've learned some new words everytime I wrote a req. I always had a dictionary open when writing one. The fact that my english has improved helps me in RL too.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    why do traders (even hardcore ones) make their own GA ? rep points are the key
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    why do traders (even hardcore ones) make their own GA ? rep points are the key
    Have to agree with this.

Also end of the day maybe they just like to be nice and give some invites away. Nothing wrong in that and if u see that they are a trader its up to u if u want to take an invite from them or not, so no big deal.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Some of those "giveaways" aren't giveaways at all, at least in the original sense, but rather a way to find out who has which sites. The OP asks for 'proof' before giving an invite, however, those requesters who post 'less attractive' sites (from the trader perspective) as proof are flat out denied an invite.

This probably goes on until someone 'interesting' posts, and gets contacted. They may give away an invite then, but only to 'befriend' that person and maybe get something in return in future. But that's just speculation on my side.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Some of those "giveaways" aren't giveaways at all, at least in the original sense, but rather a way to find out who has which sites. The OP asks for 'proof' before giving an invite, however, those requesters who post 'less attractive' sites (from the trader perspective) as proof are flat out denied an invite.

This probably goes on until someone 'interesting' posts, and gets contacted. They may give away an invite then, but only to 'befriend' that person and maybe get something in return in future. But that's just speculation on my side.
    In all fairness,that actually happens even with non-traders(i saw you dancing along that trader/non-trader line and i figured why not do you the favor ) and it shall continue to happen till when people shall stop taking these ratio doodlings too seriously.

I want to go ahead and say its a pity but i guess we as people are all always upto something.Some want that tracker quicker so they trade,some are patient hence they wait while others like in our case are well calculated and rightfully so,get there quicker having played along that thin line that separates the trader,a non-trader and an anti-trader like pros(though to some it may still echo of a trade).But like they say,can't beat them,don't join them....fucking cheat!

Pity is reserved for those who get played and don't know they are getting played.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast