Thread: Thinking of getting the new Alienware gaming laptop

https://www.allpowerful.com/
    I think given its spec, it's pretty good value for money - What do you guys think?

Only concern is given the hardware, will it tend to overheat? - would I be better off with a proper tower?

Many thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    They piss about too much with their demos for my liking, so I can't be bothered to check them out.

That gives me the impression that they probably do the same with their kit - too much bling and not enough substance.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
    https://www.allpowerful.com/
    I think given its spec, it's pretty good value for money - What do you guys think?

Only concern is given the hardware, will it tend to overheat? - would I be better off with a proper tower?

Many thanks.
    Dollar for dollar, you're always going to get more performance from a desktop.
    If you don't require the portability, don't pay the premium imposed by the form factor.

In the interest of transparency, let me admit that I fuckin hate laptops, Alienware or not.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Alienware, and pretty much any high performance gaming laptop will be HOT and loud. so if you're still interested be prepared to invest in a decent laptop cooler with fans.

like the above poster mentioned, you're paying mainly for the portability... so unless you attend a lan party or move a lot i'd say go with a desktop.

if you're concerned about space and don't want a full tower check out Shuttle SFF type computers.

ps. only cool ppl attend land parties k? lol
    Last edited by hardsharing; 06-03-2009 at 08:51 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Land party?

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Acres of fun.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg