Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So turnes out BT Music is all about money.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAlone View Post
    From a POV of a regular user, I think that mentioned RolloTomasi deeply disappointed the site owner. As a mod he was given powers and trust. Instead of being professional he kept on enforcing his own agendas by purely populist means (in example, setting groups of members against each other and so on). It simply had to end harshly.
    Horse Hockey.

The site admin was well aware of my intentions before I did anything. She changed her tune after Pedro didn't like what he saw, and claimed that she did not read the mod discussion. Which is just not true. You are not familiar at all at what on behind the scenes in moderator discussion.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
    From a POV of a regular user, I think that mentioned RolloTomasi deeply disappointed the site owner. As a mod he was given powers and trust. Instead of being professional he kept on enforcing his own agendas by purely populist means (in example, setting groups of members against each other and so on). It simply had to end harshly.
    Horse Hockey.

The site admin was well aware of my intentions before I did anything. She changed her tune after Pedro didn't like what he saw, and claimed that she did not read the mod discussion. Which is just not true. You are not familiar at all at what on behind the scenes in moderator discussion.
    So why did you really get banned? If you don't want to tell us, that's ok, I was just wondering.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cottonseed View Post
    So as you can see, my girlfriend did not tell me this
    But... you have one, right? Because you are saying all of this happened some 3 or more years ago and you are still holding the grudge... man, this is weird.
    This is not normal. This is the f*ckin' internet right? It's all about fun, yes? This isn't real life, yeah? Well.. or maybe it is, is it? How often do you go out?

It does not sound like you have got over it. I asked around, and it seems there is another lossless tracker, right? e**** yes? Some people told me it is driven mostly by bad memories reg. pedro's. Is this true? If it is so, THIS IS SICK man O_O
    So it's like what? You people get together, hold hands and sob?

I've been around for some 2 years so far. I wish I could be there before that. Scientology seems like Sesame Street comparing to this shit

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

So why did you really get banned? If you don't want to tell us, that's ok, I was just wondering.

Don't push him, he would have to lie to look good, do you really want that?
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 06-03-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: was bypassing filters

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Blame it on the credit crunch. Donations are not as many as there used to be and we are getting more and more PMs from mods asking for money. The only problem is that now we don't really know which trackers really needs help and which ones are only being greedy.
    I never had the chance to get in to this "pedro" tracker although I m a bif losseless fan but I feel sorry for what happened and I feel that the truth is somewhere in between. And YES, unfortunately, it's all about the money.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    But... you have one, right? Because you are saying all of this happened some 3 or more years ago and you are still holding the grudge... man, this is weird.
    This is not normal. This is the f*ckin' internet right? It's all about fun, yes? This isn't real life, yeah? Well.. or maybe it is, is it? How often do you go out?

It does not sound like you have got over it. I asked around, and it seems there is another lossless tracker, right? e**** yes? Some people told me it is driven mostly by bad memories reg. pedro's. Is this true? If it is so, THIS IS SICK man O_O
    So it's like what? You people get together, hold hands and sob?

I've been around for some 2 years so far. I wish I could be there before that. Scientology seems like Sesame Street comparing to this shit

How old are you? Can you not read? I was just stating facts and you want to personally attack me? My five year old has more manners than you do. I know this is the internet so you can think you are as cool as you think you are as you don't have to face reality or the people you attack. Pretty brave of you. Shows real courage . I have scraped better people than you off the soles off my shoes. Sounds like you are the one with the real problem. Being a net troll is better than being unemployed with the current state of the global economic situation I guess.

Do yourself a favor and use logic and facts when you want to debate rather than personal attacks that you have no basis for making. It will make you look like you are at least educated above the 5th grade level. If you have facts to back up what you are saying, you sure have not used them here. Therefore I suspect that the reality is that you know no facts to post and therefore must resort to the cheap tactics that you use.

As for my "bitterness", does stating fact make me bitter? It seems to me you are the bitter one for whatever reason. Making personal attacks, making comments on subjects that you apparently know NOTHING about and being a net troll in general.

I really have no interest in ensuing a net war with you so you may continue to post whatever you may think of me as you neither know me nor would I ever want to know a person like yourself. You are a penny a dozen on the net and really not worth the time as, contrary to your popular belief, I do have a life and 99.9999999999999% is way more fun than trying to persuade uneducated people like yourself to act in a decent and responsible mannner. So post away , call all the names you want, attack me personally even though you don't have a clue about me or my life, and continue your trolling ways in general. I will no longer respond to you as it is a waste of time. Peace out
    Last edited by cottonseed; 06-03-2009 at 08:46 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    some text
    Oh c'mon, let's face it. It's all real to you. You take it all seriously. Look at your own reasoning here. In a 4 paragraph long post you have just calmed yourself down and explained to yourself that everything is still alright. "It's alright cottonseed, he's just a little troll, your life is fine, you have a life... calm down now, it's alright..."

If anything I typed was so meaningless to you, why didn't you just ignore me?

I do have a life
    Oh do you? See above.

Now, don't get upset, ok? Tell about your little cosy e****.

Last edited by AllAlone; 06-03-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: typos

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    0control's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    AllAlone, what's with those personal attacks? As a matter of fact, the time you spend on the internet is the same time you spend in the real world. That means that you cannot always disregard what happens there, especially if it means that something you have worked hard for (ie. spent a lot of time on) goes to waste.

Now, I'm a little curious; RolloTomasi, what will you do from now on? As a FLAC user I cannot imagine you going over to using mp3.

I loved your great contributions to the community and it is sad to see you go. You have my best wishes.
    Last edited by 0control; 06-03-2009 at 09:13 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ovisan View Post
    I never had the chance to get in to this "pedro" tracker although I m a bif losseless fan but I feel sorry for what happened and I feel that the truth is somewhere in between. And YES, unfortunately, it's all about the money.
    You know what? I would invite you, but I have already invited a friend this month. Uploaders receive only 1 invitation/month now. If you want in and see things for yourself, PM me. We will figure something out.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Anybody got some Troll spray?

Back to the subject at hand.

Yes, Pedro's BTMusic is a for profit site despite what some may want to claim. I am aware of how much money he generated in the early days when I was mod as a fellow mod on one occasion collected the donations and forwarded them to Pedro and that moderator told me the amount in an IRC exchange. I wish I still had the IRC exchanges as proof but being that it was many years ago, they have long been wiped from my HDD. Unfortunately the other moderator has since passed and therefore verification of this fact is not possible. That was when the number of donors was relatively small, probably 1/4 of what they are today at a minimum. The amount at that time was much more than the cost that Pedro incurred to run the site. I had no qualms with it as I figured he did the work, he should reap the rewards. Once I later seen his tactics and how he encouraged people to have ratio problems by the way he did and did not do things, I then had a problem with it. There are many things that could be done to make the site equitable to all users, but have not been done as it would decrease the number of "donations", in reality payment to be able to continue to download, and would drastically decrease the profit which Pedro realized and still continues to realize. Rollo was trying to get things implemented that would make things equitable and fair for all members and also to address those members who have no regard for the community and conduct themselves in a manner that is detrimental to the community as a whole.
    If you believe that P2P should be about one person making financial gain off others hard work when they receive nothing other than the satisfaction of sharing music and then turn around and ban them when a disagreement arises rather than try to settle the disagreement , then you will side with Pedro. If you believe that P2P is truly about sharing and that people should be treated in a fair manner, you will not. It really is that simple.
    Last edited by cottonseed; 06-04-2009 at 01:01 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    some bullsh*t
    We are not hiding behind some made up nick as you are. If you're an uploader at Pedro's, what's your nick there? If you don't want to identify yourself, just sit the hell down and STFU. Unless you are a former mod yourself [are you?] you haven't a clue to what has actually gone down. You just joined today, and it looks like you did so to troll this thread. Did Fiamma send you, or Pedro?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast