Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: So turnes out BT Music is all about money.

and they are still here, check this out

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAlone View Post
    and they are still here, check this out

is that the best ya got? my 86 year old grand mother can troll better then that ....

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    0control's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    The funny thing is that AllAlone can't keep quiet himself.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    I guess allalone's trolling is a way to get the attention away from the real fact that P's leadership has no concern about the community's good. Only his own profit. Seriously, getting from VIP to banned within 5 mins... That just shows how much he considers his valued members and how he cares. He doesn't

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by FlacMonkey View Post
    I guess allalone's trolling is a way to get the attention away from the real fact that P's leadership has no concern about the community's good. Only his own profit. Seriously, getting from VIP to banned within 5 mins... That just shows how much he considers his valued members and how he cares. He doesn't
    I guess a new system will be started soon. Since the P2I no longer exists, and thats seriously hurting Pedro's Bank Balance.
    "P2V" : Pay to get VIP Status. It would definitely generate some profits for Pedro, and some more 'VIPs' to fill the void left by ya guys.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    of course, its always about da benjamins

not every site is like that ... i know alot are, im not a internet dumbass ... but there are some that are about sharing still its just pedro is not about this, the site "was" fulla good and very helpful ppl .. notice how i said was ... .. the list is going down quicker then a whore on a friday night

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Crustified View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    of course, its always about da benjamins

not every site is like that ... i know alot are, im not a internet dumbass ... but there are some that are about sharing still its just pedro is not about this, the site "was" fulla good and very helpful ppl .. notice how i said was ... .. the list is going down quicker then a whore on a friday night
    +1
    Things have started to go downhill for 'em.
    i wonder how many ppl have subscribed to an rss feed for this topic.
    it always has some lurkers

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    5ifty1's Avatar The 4th Blind Mouse
    It's really a bummer to hear about all this, even though yeah I'm the last idiot to find out ever. I'm not going to pretend to know any details, but I feel like this is a sad time for Pedro's. I love how in the forum half the uploaders who went or wanted to go on strike are now banned. I've never seen so many banned labels at once.

tut, I want to thank you for the invite a couple years ago. I felt really priveleged to join you guys. I really appreciate it.

And dude, AllAlone you need to really get over yourself. You're a total douche. Who gives a shit how old anyone is on the internet, and where their interests lie? Last time I checked, the internet has been around for some time now and is used daily for multitudes of real life applications as well as fantasy, or virtual. Some people choose to value certain things. Let them have that. And this whole "who cares it's the internet" thing you have floating around in that empty cavity where your brain should be is total crap logic. By your logic, why have you even posted in this thread? It's apparent that you also value this internet BS. Wake up kook.

oh and FlacMonkey nice thread over @ P's. Good stuff.
    Last edited by 5ifty1; 06-05-2009 at 08:19 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Poster
    I think the whole complaint about money being involved stems from the choice most people make. If you could pay for something or get it free, you will choose what is free. Because of the swarm aspect of bt, most users feel that sharing the torrents properly is all that should be required of users. Maybe in an ideal world, all site owners would sponsor the entire operation, but that's not the reality of the situation.

Maybe my perspective as a longtime usenet user makes me see things differently. I would not have a real problem with a site that required payment to join or download. So I don't really have a problem with torrent sites trying to keep their sites running through various ways of getting donations.

Usually the only people complaining about this kind of thing are those long term members who have big buffers already.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Maybe my perspective as a longtime usenet user makes me see things differently. I would not have a real problem with a site that required payment to join or download. So I don't really have a problem with torrent sites trying to keep their sites running through various ways of getting donations.
    That's precisely one of the major problems I have with Usenet as a way of getting stuff. The big usenet providers have established a "pay for warez" mentality which I have a huge problem with in principle. For Usenet guys, it's perfectly normal to pay for a NZB indexing service for Christ's sake.

My background is different than yours, and while I won't go into detail, let me just say that I have seen a lot of people, some of them good and likeable guys, getting royally fucked because of money involved in warez. Besides that, I generally have a problem with people earning money with other people's work. Call me old fashioned, but that's how I have always seen it.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast