Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why can't people write decent requests?!

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I think that is true for the most part .
    FST has a bad rep in some places because of all the spamming and trolling but I put most of it down to people ( in a perverted way) looking out for each .
    If a person makes a genuinely good request everyone is just as quick to support it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Coz most are lazy fucks who just want to download/leech
    Im sure it doesn't have to do with language c'mon...
    Who cannot write a lil eng. words these days ???

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    A lengthy request only shows that the person isn't braindead or foreign.
    Writing a decent and longer request stating reasons why you want to join, your take on torrenting shows the requester is at least capable of doing an effort to get into a tracker.
    Using ur son or daughter as a scapegoat works too. Especially posting their artworks

jk

i myself can't stand long requests. It's just a larger waste of time seeing ppl beg and suck up in a more intellectual way
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 06-06-2009 at 12:31 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    they doesn't write decent requests for the simple reason they think being invited in a tracker is a right rather than a privilege.
    in a sense, they're not wrong considering the way many rep whores distribute invites without bothering who they give them to.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    is it really too bad to simply "ignore" them?

I made only two requests here and got them both and I would say that this is like a snowball, I mean, if I ever make a new request, I'm pretty sure it will be easier than the last 2 requests...

If you need a big or small request to get an invite depends on what you are here and who you know here!

If you're new, probably you don't know how to make requests and you'll end up being ignored or with your thread flamed. In no time you'll learn how to ask for things or you'll just give up and forget about fst.

A thread to teach people how to make good requests? A lame idea in my opinion if you ask... why? Because if you do so, probably we'll end up inviting people prepared to make good requests and not prepared to be a good member in most of the good and private trackers we know!

Btw, you may call me crazy but I really think that flaming a bad request is better than just ignoring it... Because my first request was flamed I had the opportunity to express myself in a better way and convince a user here that I deserved what I was asking for, even though I didn't know how to make a good request in the first place...

Voilà The_Martinator... some texts for you to read
    Last edited by 7th; 06-06-2009 at 03:38 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    I never make any invite request, but if I do I will make it a one sentence request; just like most of my post.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    i myself can't stand long requests. It's just a larger waste of time seeing ppl beg and suck up in a more intellectual way
    I'd rather see a long-winded request, chock full of ass kissing and begging than "plz i ned it lol."

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I hate how i remember things but am sure not so long ago you said you don't give your invites here,so why on earth would you care about how people make requests that you don't intend to fill?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Most people here see torrenting as a game; the files they they are after is a minor/secondary goal but what they are really after is being in one of those stupidly rare trackers.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    eloquence != worthiness

Anyone can type up a lengthy post of why they want an invite or what have you. If you make it seem like a wordier post will mean anything more, there's a good likelihood that a trend of paragraph-long bullshit will appear all over the request section. In the end, all requests have the same intention, to get an account on a specific site (whether or not it's an honest request or not is another matter). Though personally I feel that posts like "lol i plz i ned it kthxbiye" and general ass-kissing should be dismissed right away.

And reputation is such bullshit. As stated by others, users who are beginning to torrent may find it difficult to get into private trackers without having any sort of "credentials"...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234