Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why can't people write decent requests?!

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Ok, I guess you're getting tired of me by now. This is just an attempt to improve the GA/req section.

As you have probably seen I'm fairly active there, but I always find shite requests. It seems people can't write more than 2 lines of text nowadays. Now I'm not here only to troll (big surprise! ), but I haven't found anyone but 1 person worthy of an invite since I've been here (and it's been allmost half a year).

I encourage everyone to write longer requests, no matter how bad your english is. I usually don't invite people that have über l33t ratios, I invite people that use their accounts, plus I like to read.

I know I'm not alone in this, so if there's a tracker you think would be great for you, go for it and don't look at the levels, write a decent request instead.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    maybe coz of bad english like me .. i m indian and have very bad spoken english and need to improve it ..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Veidenbaums's Avatar Rebel
    Why can't people write decent requests?!
    The answer is pretty simple. They don't know how to do it.
    Most of the ppl's who make req's here are new to this private tracker thing, k maybe they are not new but they are new in "making request" thing, and there is no place where to learn how to make a proper request. Instead of teaching them how to do it, most of the users just post rubbish and laugh about them, shame on you

Language is only excuse
    There are tons of translators on the internet.
    Anyways, there should be a thread - "how to make a proper request" (or something like that), where everybody can look how it can be done.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    If they don't warrant an invite because they did not write a decent request, what's the problem, clutter on the page? Let them weed themselves out of the running. And if you like to read, pick up a decent novel.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ok, I guess you're getting tired of me by now.

I encourage everyone to write longer requests

I'll write a half of page requestthen I'll trade the account just to make you proud of me and my big big request.

maybe coz of bad english like me .. i m indian and have very bad spoken english and need to improve it ..
    Neah your just too lame...but yeah "file sharing must be fun"
    Last edited by Louie; 06-04-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think most of the crappy request here are made of ignorance or they simply don't care and are just throwing out a line into the duck pond hoping someone will bite. I agree with the whole let the losers who can't write a decent request weed themselves out and only leave the people who give a shit enough to put some thought into their request.
    See ya in another life, brother.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Writing a good request proves nothing except that you are able to write a good request.
    Fact is I've seen a few people simply based on their eloquence get invited to just about everything and then turn out to be absolute turds as members.Realize that if eloquence was any measure of honesty then there wouldn't be any corrupt politicians.

And giving guidelines on how to do it only exacerbates the problem because it would be a handbook for people to fabricate to .

(Although I would by no means set it as the singular condition )Show me a whole lot downloaded ( not uploaded ) on a tracker with similar content and then at least I know that you may actually have a passing interest in what you are asking for.( of course that negates Oday trackers but they're all more or less the same anyway).
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-04-2009 at 08:18 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Veidenbaums View Post
    Why can't people write decent requests?!
    The answer is pretty simple. They don't know how to do it.
    Most of the ppl's who make req's here are new to this private tracker thing, k maybe they are not new but they are new in "making request" thing, and there is no place where to learn how to make a proper request. Instead of teaching them how to do it, most of the users just post rubbish and laugh about them, shame on you

Language is only excuse
    There are tons of translators on the internet.
    Anyways, there should be a thread - "how to make a proper request" (or something like that), where everybody can look how it can be done.
    Such a thread would be good, but if you look at the history here, there have been some succesfull reqs in the past, maybe people could learn something from them.

Louie, I really don't get it why you're here. I've been going through your posts and I can't think of a reason. You said TPB is the best, so what's up with you interest in private trackers?
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    pffm's Avatar -M- BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Louie is here just to annoy people.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Louie, I really don't get it why you're here. I've been going through your posts and I can't think of a reason. You said TPB is the best, so what's up with you interest in private trackers?
    I said the same thing as IdolEyes only in just a few words,and no I didnt said TPB is the best but instead of 1337 private I rather use TPB and Demonoid.

Louie is here just to annoy people.
    Well if thats what I do,dont worry I will kill myself in the next days.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast