Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Longer NZB retention on FST?

Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    There's probably (uh, quite definitely) more than one train of thought on this.

These days, the cost of maintaining tons of nzb's (as an example) is, or should be, extremely low cost, but it is something (i.e., not 'free').

But the big reason for the listing on a site like this is user feedback; is the post 'good', does the nfo accurately reflect what it actually is, and I wasting my time/bits, etc. Yep, the nzb can be easily gotten on the myriad of nzb sites (Binsearch, which is small/lite/easy to use has been mentioned, and I use it all the time), and I actually use it when the 'big' sites like newzbin 'screw the pooch' on their listing.

Perhaps even if the nzb has been 'deleted' as part of routine cleaning, if one has the basic file listing, it can be got on any of the 'larger' sites. But again, it comes back to user feedback. That's where the 'community' really helps out.
    Good point there, stupidly not one I had thought of even though I do sometimes post something myself after grabbing a film. Silly me

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Bump for further consideration? I thought SOL said there was a way (or could be a way) to have the NZB's without actually storing them in the server.

I really like the forums cause they're well organized and easy to use, and as mentioned it's easier to get feedback on the files and whether they work well. However the low retention really hurts.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Bump for further consideration? I thought SOL said there was a way (or could be a way) to have the NZB's without actually storing them in the server.

I really like the forums cause they're well organized and easy to use, and as mentioned it's easier to get feedback on the files and whether they work well. However the low retention really hurts.
    I think were waiting on the "board" update that is being released.
    [center]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123