Thread: Am Also Looking For A Good Email Client

I am looking for an very simple Email Client that just downloads e-mail Messages. i don`t want to use outlook or netscape`s e-mail Clients because i don`t want my e-mail address saved anywere on my computer.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Check out Popcorn from the Web site below. Its as simple as can be and really very small in size.

http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/

Popcorn is an ultra-lightweight POP3/(E)SMTP e-mail client for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.

Works as a client/server application, reading mail "directly" from POP3 servers, including those that require APOP MD5 secure authentication.
    Ideally suited for "on the road" mail access, for scanning, reading and sending mail over slow connections.
    Supports multiple user profiles, enabling you to read and send mail from any number of accounts.
    Requires no installation, no data is saved locally other than a portable .INI file containing account information.
    Ideal for cleaning up POP3 accounts, removing spam, unwanted mail, large attachments etc...
    Immune to all forms of e-mail attachment and HTML viruses/scripts/trojans etc...
    Built-in mail editor enables you to compose and send new mail, reply to, forward and re-direct received mail using SMTP or (E)SMTP with authentication.
    Fits easily on a floppy or other portable (even read only) media, making it easy to carry around at all times.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@27 September 2003 - 01:52
    I am looking for an very simple Email Client that just downloads e-mail Messages. i don`t want to use outlook or netscape`s e-mail Clients because i don`t want my e-mail address saved anywere on my computer.

"We all have our own dirty little secrets, don't we..."

At any rate, if you are looking for nothing more than just receiving what you absolutely have to and then moving on try Mailinator A disposable "inbox" so to speak.

Otherwise I suggest a number of other web-based services (ign, yahoo, excite, hotmail, etc...) . And then just choose not to save URLs, temporary files or cookies from these sites.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Eudora's the best, goto hotpop.com and set up a acount, get eudora. and your set.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thank you so much everyboby . Ultrafunk Popcorn is great. anyways thanks and remember "sharing is caring" - pick that up somewere

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Glad to be of help. I have been using Popcorn for some time now and love it