Thread: YouTube XL Brings YouTube to Your TV

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Hot on the heels of Hulu's remote-control friendly desktop application, YouTube introduces its own TV-sized interface called YouTube XL.

At the beginning of the year Google unleashed an optimized interface for the Wii and PS3, but YouTube XL appears to be the next step in that progression. The new and improved YouTube XL (presumable the XL stands for extra large) boasts a better interface than the old "YouTube for TV," though it lacks a few of the features available on YouTube proper. (Namely comments, which is arguably a positive.)

In addition to an all new design offering large text and simplified navigation, YouTube XL offers a continuous play feature, which lets you search for a topic on YouTube and then press "play" once to watch all of the videos sequentially on that topic. Also, getting from one video to the next takes just a few clicks, and you can control the action with a blue tooth enabled remote control, or even some mobile phones.
    Lifehacker

YouTube XL
    [center]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well, that's nice. I just hope you don't have a big screen TV. some vids (at least the ones I like) have terrible quality.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    That's the trade off they said samething with the Hulu one.
    [center]