Thread: Can't Download .ace And .rar Files

why can't i download .ace and .rar files. they are always "Connection" or "Remotely Queued" even though there are hundreds of people who are sharing these files...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by johnrobinson421@27 September 2003 - 05:23
    why can't i download .ace and .rar files. they are always "Connection" or "Remotely Queued" even though there are hundreds of people who are sharing these files...
    your sources are not availlable for connection

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    check your filters
    the box with "filter file types that can potentially contain viruses" should be unchecked
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    out of the hundreds of people who are sharing these files... for example search for "Visual Basic .NET" and you&#39;ll see the turn out. the files in .ace and .rar always connect but never download... NOT EVEN A SINGLE KB, even after being left open days. i&#39;m currently trying to download 12 different version&#39;s of "Visual Basic .NET" and all those that are .ace and .rar are not connecting. there is only one .exe, and YES it is downloading, so it&#39;s not as simple an answer as availability... anyone got a clue?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    good try, got me scared it was something that simple... but nope, the box is unchecked already...

>>check your filters
    the box with "filter file types that can potentially contain viruses" should be unchecked

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by johnrobinson421@27 September 2003 - 05:31
    out of the hundreds of people who are sharing these files... for example search for "Visual Basic .NET" and you&#39;ll see the turn out. the files in .ace and .rar always connect but never download... NOT EVEN A SINGLE KB, even after being left open days. i&#39;m currently trying to download 12 different version&#39;s of "Visual Basic .NET" and all those that are .ace and .rar are not connecting. there is only one .exe, and YES it is downloading, so it&#39;s not as simple an answer as availability... anyone got a clue?
    go here it is that simple boss, if its not your filters then its the availablity of sources, don&#39;t be fooled by what you see in the search window

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+27 September 2003 - 09:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 27 September 2003 - 09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-johnrobinson421@27 September 2003 - 05:31
    go here it is that simple boss, if its not your filters then its the availablity of sources, don&#39;t be fooled by what you see in the search window [/b][/quote]
    ok so i guess i won&#39;t be fooled by the search window. But i&#39;m still confused. i&#39;m sharing over 150 items (a lil bit of everything) and the only things i have problems downloading are these files (.ace .rar). it&#39;s not availability&#33; trust me. i&#39;m looking at the search (which is still going on) and all those visual basic .net files are each being shared by atleast 400 users, many are about to pass 500. that&#39;s numbers right there&#33; you figure i should atleast get 1KB... i don&#39;t even care right now about these files themseleves, but why can&#39;t i get even 1kb?

yes, the .exe is still comin through from the same single lone user sharing it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    we have done this alot before boss its the sources i just tried it myself and i get the same thing no connection and remotely queued, its the sources