Keikan's Avatar ........
    I don't know how to cut sheet metal
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by Keikan@28 September 2003 - 01:15
    I don't know how to cut sheet metal
    jigsaw
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Or tinsnips.

Use a jigsaw to do the final circle cut.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I can live with the noise, i just don&#39;t want it deepfrying when i&#39;m playing a game or encoding mpegs
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Keikan@27 September 2003 - 14:07
    Wouldn&#39;t it be better to get the thermal take anyways? Because i don&#39;t want my cpu deepfrying when playing a game...
    it would be "better," but not necessary. your CPU is not gonna fry, either way, as long as you put the heatsink on correctly. i&#39;ve had an old athlon regularly go over 60C with a really cheapo heatsink, and it still works great. the one that comes with athlons nowadays can keep it under 50C, so it&#39;s definitely not going to fry.

you don&#39;t even have to start worrying until the temperature goes over 70C. CPUs are able to tolerate very high temperatures.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Remember that every 3db increase means twice as loud. My cooler is rated at 28db, at about 40db the thermaltake would be 16 times louder. My XP2400+ runs at 35C (39C under load). The 8cm fan runs at about 2400rpm, and the whole heatsink/fan assembly cost me £14 (about &#036;22), it&#39;s an Akasa AK 824cu-BL (that means it&#39;s got a pretty blue light too), rated up to XP3000+. If you really want a variable speed fan, try the AK825 (rated up to XP3400+), fan noise 22-39db, although speed control is manual.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@28 September 2003 - 04:42
    I can live with the noise, i just don&#39;t want it deepfrying when i&#39;m playing a game or encoding mpegs
    Can you tell me how you can "deepfry" a CPU at a temp of 45C ?

But, do as you like. I was just trying to best answer your first question.

So i&#39;m gonna get an amd, what should i do for cooling? I don&#39;t exactly got that much cash
    You wanted something inexpensive and good. Even the stock heatsink with the small 60mm fan cools fine. It&#39;s just a bit noisy.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    *Grunt*
    or you could consider one one of those cooler master Aero 7&#39;s which provide exelent cooling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12