Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inactivity Rule

brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    A thread about each tracker inactivity rule would be useful in the support section
    Last edited by brightsid; 06-09-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niño Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Have you heard of ACCOUNT PARKING option?
    2 days ...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    have you ever heard about business trips, holidays or unforeseen circumstances ?
    Don't you see that this guy is a ...bot?
    He doesn't need to go out with some friends, to make trips with his girlfriend some weekends, he is never sick, etc...
    Lucky guy, I enjoy his life !!

But i think 2-3 weeks without any DL = account disabled (if you don't park it)
    You've got an account, you need to use it ...no ?
    Last edited by Yoann64; 06-09-2009 at 05:46 PM.
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Haven't seen you around recently.. sucks man that you got pruned from some tracker's databases. Hope you didn't lose too many of you main ones.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    'Inactivity' can be a little vague tho. Some sites consider logging in and browsing the tracker/forums as activity, as do I.
    But on some sites, you can log in daily and have a read but still get sacked for 'inactivity' if you didn't use the tracker for whatever reason.
    I say this cuz it happened to me recently...was a site I visited at least 2-3 times a week but I only d/led something there if it's something I really, really like and want the Flac version of it. Not every album I have/like is 'worthy' enuff (imo) for me to d/l the more 'pristine' (and larger) Flac version. It would almost seem a crime to listen to an inferior cut of a song/album that deserves the best definition/quailty available...you know the ones . I guess I went too long between finding selections that I wanted a flac version of and got 'pruned' for inactivity...even tho I had, at minimum, a browse at least once a week for months and months. Plus I kept a nice ratio without ever using a seedbox either. Yes...I'm talkin about Perdo's of course.
    Last edited by Zaxx; 06-09-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    "Working man" or not, 2 days inactivity limit is simply ridiculous. Some sites are offline longer than that, and before you even notice that they are back up, you'll be purged.

Get real, I hope you're not being serious about this. All of us are wasting too much time in front of the damn computer anyway, you're basically saying that we should be glued to it.

Damn right, cant believe people would even consider deleteing accounts because of 2days inactivity, some people do have a social life.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    @Stoi - Sir i think you are misunderstanding the point i am tryin to make .. Its not that if i am inactive for whatever reasons that you store my information and details on all the tables of your DB ..It more to do with the fact that you atleast store my details in one Primary table which stores all your users .. This way you wont take up much space and the efficiency would not be effected either .. The other reason y i am against deleting user info from DB is that when the use comes back he has no chance of getting back the old account since its not in the DB anymore ...Why cant u just maintain the user information for some time(more than 1/2 months) something akin to probationary data .. Delete it if the user doesnt come around for 6-7 months ..

@TSOL - works up .. working 13-14 hrs a day nowadays ... Lost most of the community valuable ones!!! TL is gone too :damn: .. So now i am shifting to RS

Anyways the inactivity rule sucks .. My site membership should not force me to visit the site everyday or download from it everyday .. That just sucks donkey bawls ..
    Last edited by apextwin146; 06-11-2009 at 10:53 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxx
    Yes...I'm talkin about Perdo's of course.
    Well...it does say right in their Faq that they have a "use it or lose it" policy. So the warning was there. You must have went quite a while without downloading anything. Since I remember a time when I must have went at least a month without downloading album, but was never messed with.

I don't mind a site like Pedro's inactivity rules. They just want you making at least some moderate use of the tracker, which is perfectly understandable. But it's when trackers say that you have to download so much in a specific amount of time, to be considered active, that I don't like.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    First off.. i dunno how this conversation went down from 2 months(60 days) of inactivity to just 2 days of inactivity..? O.o

the OP had stated his dislike of a 2 month(60 day) deletion for "Inactivity" not 2 days...

i think that's fair enough... trackers these days, want users who do more than log in once in a while.. "Logging in" does not count as activity.. seriously people, logging in just stops the auto process of account removal.. what good is a tracker to anyone if they just stop in to look around? tracker staff don't really want that as they want you to post or leech from them.. not JUST look around! if you can't be bothered to at least post something .. why are you there!?

not to mention .. removing inactive accounts like that help reduce dupe accounts, and/or trade accounts..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    But why delete an account completely from the database?.

Shit happens,people accidentally get charged by rhinos and get sent into commas for months,surely that is not something that someone is capable of bringing to themselves,how do you escape a rhino.

Don't wipe the account into non existence unless you really have to(which is barely).Just disable the account and if the owner doesn't show up at all then do whatever you want(at least let the account be till christmas).

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i dunno about rhino's.... but, in that scenario i think it's best to stick your in between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye... lol

i see what your saying.... and i'll go with that... for other less obvious reasons it makes more sense.. i think some trackers however, consider disable/deletion to be the same field these days... so, when some people say delete what actually happens is they get disabled... i think just disabling is more desirable though to tracker staff.. as it helps prevent the user from being able to simply rejoin, not without some effort anyways...
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast