Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Levels <- what is it?

I am quite new to the english BT-comm, so I've got a question:
    What are these levels, which some users mention?
    Like "it is a lvl 3 tracker..." etc...
    I hope you know what I mean
    Thanx for answers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    The level system is for dipshits who trade their invites and accounts. They base a tracker's level on a number of inane factors that no one else would care about, and use that information to treat torrent sites as some kind of item for barter.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    in other words, it's something to ignore...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Phew, great, I thought I missed something...
    Last edited by 42er; 06-09-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: missed a comma -.-

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +2

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    patiesmiz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by 42er View Post
    I am quite new to the english BT-comm, so I've got a question:
    What are these levels, which some users mention?
    Like "it is a lvl 3 tracker..." etc...
    It is usually related to the difficulty in getting an invite, what does not mean that the site is better than others.
    And when you get an invite to any of those 'top' sites you usually get disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    in other words, it's something to ignore...
    QFT

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The higher the level, the harder it is to get into. As many people can't seem to understand, it's not related to content, speed, or general quality of the tracker itself.
    The only real use for that rarity rating is that, in theory, a high level tracker is more "secure" than a low level one. So you should pay attention to it depending on which country you live and how much attention is given to the war on piracy.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokushin View Post
    The higher the level, the harder it is to get into. As many people can't seem to understand, it's not related to content, speed, or general quality of the tracker itself.
    The only real use for that rarity rating is that, in theory, a high level tracker is more "secure" than a low level one. So you should pay attention to it depending on which country you live and how much attention is given to the war on piracy.
    The entire concept is rooted in elitist douchebaggery. Paint whatever picture you like, that fact is clear. Also, your interpretation of this leveling thing seems to differ from that of the people who try to trade GFT for FTN and WTF for BBQ.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    levels..eh?
    WTAW thread is something that you read when you don't have anything else to do IRL.
    Its something like..
    "I have no aim in my Real Life.I have nothing to accomplish. I guess i should make a career outta chasing trackers in teh BT world. Maybe i will become a very important person coz of the trackers i am on, and maybe..just maybe, get a key to the Playboy mansion."

so much for an awesome thread

Straight to the point: They were created by elitists or wannabe 1337s to show that they know something about the way BT functions.(And that.. they are on trackers which do not give invites to you on getting promoted to PU after uploading 25GiB if Data.)
    Don't get way too involved with 'em. Sincere advice. Period.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    levels..eh?
    WTAW thread is something that you read when you don't have anything else to do IRL.
    Its something like..
    "I have no aim in my Real Life.I have nothing to accomplish. I guess i should make a career outta chasing trackers in teh BT world. Maybe i will become a very important person coz of the trackers i am on, and maybe..just maybe, get a key to the Playboy mansion."
    so much for an awesome thread Straight to the point: They were created by elitists or wannabe 1337s to show that they know something about the way BT functions.(And that.. they are on trackers which do not give invites to you on getting promoted to PU after uploading 25GiB if Data.)
    Don't get way too involved with 'em. Sincere advice. Period
    whatever part of the world you live in am sure its late .Are you by any chance a racer on a topsite?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast