Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updating Windows 95

Poster
    Did you ask me any specific questions in that other thread? Like how do you use those cables?

Listen man I'm not about to pUt my energy into typing the whole solution for you if I don't even feel that you are even there to participate. I had no idea if you had even seen those pictures I had posted for you.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by johnq86@28 September 2003 - 05:11
    can you explain to me a little better please
    i cant go into to much detail as i do not have the time and to explain to someone that does not understand would take ages but basically you can buy cables to go between serial ports paralel ports or usb to transfer files (you would have to use dos or linux) you can make the serial ones yourself outa old mouse cables paralel ones outa old printer cables you just have to find a wirering diagram .... usb one has to be bought has circuitry in it due to voltages and such
    so the easiest way would be to connect your 2 comps via a cable transfer the files off the cd to your laptop harddrive then install from your laptop harddrive try here for some dos network info

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by johnq86@27 September 2003 - 21:53
    i have a laptop and whenever i turn it on nothing appears. it only has a floppy drive . can i install a new windows on it. and if so how. please ned all the help i could get
    Ok here goes...

Step One: Purchase 1000 floppy disks...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Ok, I see that you are not responding again. Let me ask you a question then.

Did you try a startup diskette to get to the DOS prompt? What is on the harddisk of the laptop presently?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    how do i get a start up disk

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    the quickest answer here is go here

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@28 September 2003 - 07:09
    Ok, I see that you are not responding again. Let me ask you a question then.

Did you try a startup diskette to get to the DOS prompt?...
    Asked him that yesterday, in yet another topic ....http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=69971

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    whenevr i startup my laptop it says the windows registry or system .ini file refers to this device file but the device file no longer exist. if you deleted this file on purpose try uninstalling the associated with trhe device file,try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file.vtdapi.386cannot find a device file that may be needed to run windows or windows application.what can i do to repair this. the laptop has windows95.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    PAiNKiLLER
    I would suggest u to install Windows 98 if ur laptop is compatible with its minimum requirements...

Image Resized

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    my laptop only has a floppy drive is there a way to install windows 98 with floppy disk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast