Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pedro's BTM : Change of Rules regarding seeding (Overseeding)

cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    If a torrent dies then request it again in the requests section.
    i mean even classics are deleted automatically and reuploaded later... i don't get the point. if someone need a torrent that no one has anymore, he can always contact staff to remove the torrent (after having tried to leech it during a certain time) in order to permittmembers to reupload it.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    They should work on a better request system if that is a prevalent problem. If requests don't get filled it goes back to a shitty userbase, and there's nothing you can do about that.
    yeah, staff should allow only 2 or 3 active request per use for example or a system of votes like KG does (your req is bumped when you add a vote).
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I agree. E has a terrible system where uploaders are allowed to select their torrent as "permanent" and it will never be purged. There are old torrents that people would like to reupload but they cant b/c it already exists on the tracker albeit with no seeds for a year.
    this system has been implemented not so long ago and it's always better than deleting torrents imo; torrents with no seeds (even for a long time) are reseeded very fast and if by any chance no one would be able to reseed it, i'm pretty sure staff would agree to let the torrent being replaced by a new upload.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    No ratio has proven to be extremely poor when it comes to retention,It would be the worst idea for any music tracker,what pedro has done is as far as it should go imo.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    at the end of the day, seems to me, this tracker requires more efforts/.torrent from users and staff than any other... personally, i don't think that all these limitations with tracker load, overseeding etc etc are the optimal solution, but somehow this game has its fans, so.. until it will stay the good source for music, i don't really mind
    Last edited by kukushka; 06-14-2009 at 05:03 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Kind a strange rule for a tracker, overseeding... It's not okay to have a low ratio, and now you can't have too good ratio.. It's not easy being a torrenter these days

But what the heck, i love Pedro's and I will respect their rules.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    I would be willing to bet that those that are posting against such a rule have fast bandwidth at a relatively cheap cost, i.e. not the U.S., and think that seeding to a 4 or 5 ratio on a new torrent somehow gives them some type of prestige. P2P is about sharing, not about excluding those that don't have fast bandwidth. I bet if you were forced to use a slower connection as that is all that is available or is what you could afford that your attitudes would be a lot different on the subject. Just a guess and I could very well be wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by cottonseed View Post
    I would be willing to bet that those that are posting against such a rule have fast bandwidth at a relatively cheap cost, i.e. not the U.S., and think that seeding to a 4 or 5 ratio on a new torrent somehow gives them some type of prestige. P2P is about sharing, not about excluding those that don't have fast bandwidth. I bet if you were forced to use a slower connection as that is all that is available or is what you could afford that your attitudes would be a lot different on the subject. Just a guess and I could very well be wrong.
    Well said, my sentiments too.

If something like this wasn't in place, it would become something like BitMeTV.

Really hard to seed, and not practical enough for daily usage.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    yes, you're wrong because it's just the system that is built like this. for example, dumb alternative solution: after the user has hit 3.0 ratio, his upload stop to be counted for him and is being redistributed between users at the swarm with lower ratios. limiting users from seeding is definitely not about sharing.
    Last edited by kukushka; 06-15-2009 at 02:31 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    yes, you're wrong because it's just the system that is built like this. for example, dumb alternative solution: after the user has hit 3.0 ratio, his upload stop to be counted for him and is being redistributed between users at the swarm with lower ratios. limiting users from seeding is definitely not about sharing.
    If most users actually wanted to share not just for the torrent ratio we would still be using public trackers.

Pedro is just being more down to earth.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    If it helps, then cool. But if it's just a reason to ban a bunch of people in order for them to PAY to get back in, well...
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Fiamma's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    If it helps, then cool. But if it's just a reason to ban a bunch of people in order for them to PAY to get back in, well...
    They can no longer 'pay' to get back in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast