Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iTS is back (with lost torrents, stats, and most importantly, lost forum posts.)

what's iTS?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    brento's Avatar Poster
    and awesome! my password doesnt work!
    Last edited by brento; 06-12-2009 at 10:22 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    what's iTS?
    in the shit(helps at camouflage)

and awesome! my password doesnt work!
    because they have an old backup...

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beshawn View Post
    No your quite right, I didn't sign up for any of those trackers, I was invited to them. Even so you said "No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums."

That has nothing to do with signing up, re-read your own words. I sometimes sign into (see: go to) trackers just to post in the forums, rather than download.
    Debating semantics is the last thing a man does before he loses an argument.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracetamol View Post
    No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums. No one. If you want community, there are thousands of forums on this here intarweb. Pick one.
    If you would have seen how the members there flock to help the site at its time of need, you might have understood the true meaning of a community.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    brento's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    yeah
    It's called "sarcasm." No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums. No one. If you want community, there are thousands of forums on this here intarweb. Pick one.
    Maybe not the forums per say, but I have definitely joined torrent sites for the community rather than the content.
    community>content IMHO.
    ScL>ScT

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    If you would have seen how the members there flock to help the site at its time of need, you might have understood the true meaning of a community.
    Personally, I think of community as neighbors helping neighbors, not "give money to a guy so my torrent fix and only tie to elitism doesn't go away." Tomato, tomahto.

Quote Originally Posted by brento View Post
    Maybe not the forums per say, but I have definitely joined torrent sites for the community rather than the content.
    I would like you to explain the difference between the forum and the community. Pretend this is a dissertation, and it dictates whether or not you can continue to internet. Yes, internet is a verb now. Let's go.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums. No one. If you want community, there are thousands of forums on this here intarweb. Pick one.
    Its your tracker,you have a duty towards it.Alot of us help our trackers too(only that we never allow things to be so dire to an extent of needing)that my friend is responsibility not community kapish.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    yeah
    It's called "sarcasm." No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums. No one. If you want community, there are thousands of forums on this here intarweb. Pick one.
    I couldn't help but lol at the post.
    I am sure if it was just about the content, TL and what.cd would be more than sufficient for 95% of BT users.But most unfortunately they aren't.
    Content is more or less the same at all the places. Sometimes they are offered in ratio free environment, and sometimes not.So its not a big deal.
    Forum posts are important coz of the discussions that take place, from 'Anti P2P groups' to 'Obama Vs Bush'. The posts tend to be well thought out and framed. Posters take some time out to think and analyze before they jump on to conclusions and hit the 'post' button.
    They are not like lost torrents, which in 99.9% of the cases be added again. But posts once lost, cant be recovered coz of the intellectual value they carry, and spur of the moment thoughts associated with them. They tend to be of a higher value to me than just torrents. I have a lot of content sitting pretty on my HDD, and the absence of torrents on the tracker doesn't bother me at all, as i can always upload them, or reseed if required.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to have an opinion of his/her own.
    Peace.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    There is also something in a community of people who generally share a broad set of common values with you. Torrenters like technology, most are young, and are generally interested in talking about similar things. There's an added element, of us all being torrenters, and it sort of brings an added level of 'undertanding' that seems to make us enjoy dissussing any old topic with each other. Sure, there's plenty of worthless torrent forums out there but there's some mighty excellent ones too.

Many regular torrent forumers are young, intelligent people, some are not quite so intelligent (lol), but there's definitely a common ground which we alreayd have with each other. And, don't you think it's cool to discuss what music you like with other What.CDers, just as much as on other general public music discussion boards? I actually prefer it, for lots of reasons...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast