Thread: Ogg Movies

jwr38
    Hi there guys,

I am having a problem. I have movies in ogg and i downloaded the k-lite codex files but I can't seem to play them with sound.

I am using windows media player 9 and the movie comes up fine but as i said there is no sound. now I tried this on a different computer and got sound but the picture was jumpy (this is months ago ..... not using k-lit codex).

What do I need to play these files with sound?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    What do I need to play these files with sound?

I think you need help, you sure its a .ogg movie never come across this let a only movies?

Try this site :-http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/

Then load the Ogg Vorbis DirectShow filter and any other ogg filters that might help I would also read abit more about ogg files, have fun now.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    let me see if i can help since i encode my movies with ogg vorbis audio and xvid for video

assuming this is the kind of file you have, you simply need to have the ogg vorbis codec installed(included in the k-lite codec pack) and use a video player other than WMP, i use bsplayer for example, and it should play fine.

however, there is a video codec by the same developers as ogg vorbis entitled Theora, if this is what was used for the video encoding then your SOL, theora is still in pre-release testing stages(and still a far peice away from a stable release from what i have read) and i have no idea how to deal with it.

if you have any questions respond here or pm me for a little more indepth coverage.

if i can help i will.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    muchspl2
    are videolan, that will play anything

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    indeed
    im not to fond of videoLAN myself, but i have to give credit, it will play damn near anything