Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 to ship without Internet Explorer in Europe

Poster BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I tried windows 7 .it's very cool

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by zetah View Post
    I tried windows 7 .it's very cool
    thanks for sharing your view with us.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I guess you guy's forget Microsoft's default browser trick . I believe that's why I never used IE since Win95 and started with Netscape then Mozila .

On a side note I just finished d'l Win7 by Benjamin of the Rockers Team based on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit build 7100. Was really looking for a 64 bit as I heard the key's were interchangeable ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-22-2009 at 02:36 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I don't know for sure, but you can still go to the website and get a x64 key too, just re do the sign up process, the RC keys work with all the "leaked" builds too.
    [center]

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    I still wait for the day Microsoft ships windows with Firefox as browser. Sure glad they decided to take a step toward what people actually want.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    brento's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbogster View Post
    if you dont have a browser how can you download one from the net?
    Exactly what I was thinking lol

Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Well true, but I would think they would have a link on the desktop that says "download IE8" now...and you click and it will download and intall it, btw, you don't need a browser to download stuff.
    90% of computer users do though.
    Last edited by brento; 06-23-2009 at 07:48 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    никогда не вернуться BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    they must put google chrome instead of IE

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by whoever it was that said it
    I think it's absolute crap. MS should be allowed to bundle IE and Media Player with Windows. I'm sorry but I don't agree with IE being removed from Windows.
    Why should they. They sell and market the operating system as an operating system. Browsers and media players are apps that run on top of that operating system. By pre-installing there browser and media player its an unfair advantage over the rest of the market as new users will just familiarise themselves with whats already there and those that dont have a bad opinion on IE and media player will simply not be bothered to try anything else.

The reasons for it being disallowed are perfectly acceptable. if they even put a download link to IE on the main desktop they should be forced to also put links to other popular browsers.

However remember when you install an op system you get the first usage screen where you input your username and setup basic network. That would be the ideal place to have this stuff.

What internet browsers do you wish to be installed?
    Which media players do you wish to be installed?

this way installation is still automated and people dont need to know about any command line download tricks or how to use ftp via explorer. Useability is not effected but customizability is improved. So the actualy banning of the two apps suits the operating systems goals much better.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by badea View Post
    they must put google chrome instead of IE
    Gosh! Sorry but I don't like google chrome

I think the idea of putting some options is nice but I don't even like the idea of having IE on my Windows DVD haha

To solve the no-browser problem, I liked the USB suggestion but you can always keep an extra partition to keep those necessary files you're always using and re-using.

btw, I'm also using win7 and liked it! uhauhauhauahuahuah

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    yeszzzzzzzz there will b no IE ... good news ...i hate IE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast