Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the lowest price for 1giga dedicated seedbox u can find out there?

well as the question goes i want a 1gbps not shared and wondering how low in price i can find it willing to settle maybe for shared 1giga if there are only 2 users on it or the most 3
    if anyone can recommend me one let me know
    Last edited by invitemaster; 06-14-2009 at 01:19 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I assume you speak about 1gbps of speed ?
    You have OVH and Hosting-IE which offer 1gbps dedicated servers.
    I think various resellers offer shared 1 gbps, but they don't always specify how many people are on each servers, you have to ask them.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    u know of any good resellers ?
    u can recommend me and typically there usually 6 users on 1 giga right?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by invitemaster View Post
    well as the question goes i want a 1gbps not shared and wondering how low in price i can find it willing to settle maybe for shared 1giga if there are only 2 users on it or the most 3
    if anyone can recommend me one let me know
    Hi,

If you want a gigabit server with only 2-3 users the best option is to get a dedicated server yourself and find someone else to share the cost.

A gigabit server split between say 3 people is not going to give you a lot more performance that a 100 Mbit/s server unshared, so people usually prefer to go solo in a 100 Mbit/s :-)

We (xirvik) have gigabit servers, by the way.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    hmm so best bet is to buy a seedbox that's a 100mbit pro or unmetered that probably costs more then regular 100mbit seedbox any recommendations for a good one?thats not shared

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by invitemaster View Post
    hmm so best bet is to buy a seedbox that's a 100mbit pro or unmetered that probably costs more then regular 100mbit seedbox any recommendations for a good one?thats not shared
    If you want that you are going to pay a lot more for premium bandwidth - and it's not worth it at all. There are so many seedboxes in the datacenters these days that just with local traffic you can easily max out the 100 Mbit/s.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    seedhost-net
    we at seedhost.net offer Shared 1Gbit plans, our 1Gbit is not OVH, it is real 1Gbit Server, you get 400gb and 20 torrents for 50euro month, the box is shared btween 3 customers only.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    You must understand that if you buy a cheap 1 G/s dedi , the hardware will be compromised , as a result the HDD wont keep up with the speed and there will be low RAM leading to memory errors , I suggest you go in for one of OVH's offerings which come with a 200 mbps OVH to internet link

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    well u know of any resellers of server.lu u know that set up your box and everything?and im talking about 100m this time

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    There is fastsh.it , Xirvik also has server.lu plans AFAIK , however keep in mind that their service is very unresponsive , if something goes wrong you will have to run after them )talking about server.lu , not the resellers)
    Last edited by manu1991; 06-16-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast