Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do i recover data from my crashed HDD?

Glitterstep's Avatar Peace|Lov|Energy|EDM BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17

Arrow

Hey guys...last week,my HDD kinda crashed..(all of sudden).I had something like 200 gb of EDM in that...Its a 500gb Seagate sata HDD!.I had installed my OS on it.And then i couldn't restart my PC or shut it down!.I switched on the power button,thinking its just an ERROR..And Whooof,My pc wont start....I then installed OS on a 160 gb sata HDD and connected my 500 gb too..Not working!!

Is there a way to recover my data??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    you can not boot your computer?

may be the MBR of you HDD is damaged...easpecially after you reinstalled the OS.

you can try some partition recover software, then you can recover the MBR and restart your PC, or you just want to get back your data?

EASEUS's product may solve your proble, but i'm not sure which one is suite you better.

you can view http://www.easeus.com/product.htm

i used it's partition master, it really works, and free.

maybe you can try its other products, i rememberd that someone have told me that it can recover MBR from a CD...but i forgot which one.....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you use recovering software...may be it will helps u.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I used active @ file recovery to get all the thousands of photos of my father-in-laws crashed HDD.

Took ages but worked a treat.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I used active @ file recovery to get all the thousands of photos of my father-in-laws crashed HDD.

Took ages but worked a treat.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tehreaper's Avatar Member
    search the web for Uneraser or use one of the Active@ tools. They can recover data if it has been deleted from the hard drive as well.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    r try GetData.Recover.My.Files.v3.9.8.6259
    its good

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    keemosabi's Avatar Poster
    If only the boot sector crashed, you could get a hard drive enclosure and attach the crashed hard drive to another working computer. The enclosure would allow you to hook up the hard drive to the working computer by USB, and you could then access its files as if it were just another drive on your computer.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by db_la_23 View Post
    r try GetData.Recover.My.Files.v3.9.8.6259
    its good
    agree with u , it is the best

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    If you have time and patience to try different products these have helped me,If one product didn't work the other did etc.
    ERD http://www.geekstogo.com/2009/01/17/...rom-microsoft/
    Spinrite http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm
    BackTrack http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack.html
    All run from your ram,All can see your drives so you can recover your data from any folder as long as its not encrypted with windows EFS you should be able to get round that if you know the pass and have a lttle knowledge of PC's which you have.
    Spinrite fixes errors and corruption on your HDD,Will take it anything from 1 hr to 8hrs to fix any problems.
    ERD can fix MBR and let you look at your drive like its a normal windows OS.
    Back track is more for the pro who wants to dig deep,It can help in the process of recovering passwords from accounts(backtrack2) penetration test of networks,hack wireless WIFI and many many more.
    Hope i haven't blinded you with to much stuff here but i have been where you are and i got no help at the time.
    Have fun.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast