Thread: Spam Wars

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    It looks like the spammers are persistent in not only forcing spam on us but also hacking the sites that help us fight it.

temporary link

I'm still a noob with this type of stuff so here goes. Is there any way to prepare a website in such a way so dos attacks can't happen? I was thinking the only way would be to use a redirect service to redirect to several redundant sites so that if one gets shut down the others would stay up. Is that how that works?

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You can never 100% prevent your website from being hacker (or you comp for that matter).. you can help Lower the chance tho.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@27 September 2003 - 04:41
    It looks like the spammers are persistent in not only forcing spam on us but also hacking the sites that help us fight it.

temporary link

I'm still a noob with this type of stuff so here goes. Is there any way to prepare a website in such a way so dos attacks can't happen? I was thinking the only way would be to use a redirect service to redirect to several redundant sites so that if one gets shut down the others would stay up. Is that how that works?
    dos attacks can be prevented only by filtering the ports that your running services on.

Also depending on what type of d0s attack it is.

Syn flood attacks (the most common) can be a pain but lately its been proven that port filtering can stop it dead in its tracks.